1099 Do I Have To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 Do I Have To

Have funeral home that contracts with various grave diggers and flower providers. Are they required to issue 1099,s to these people(non corp status). Funeral home is S-corp. Thanks for possibly clearing this up as we get ready for the rat race.

YES if paid more than $600 total in ayear....

Comment

Originally posted by luke View Post
      YES if paid more than $600 total in ayear....
      Pesty issue........ $600.00 or more........ Not more than $600.00
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

all businesses do
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I think it's helpful to include a printout of the checks which make up the total on the 1099, especially with certain vendors. Usually it's necessary to compile that data to produce the 1099 anyhow, and it saves a lot of pesky call-backs complaining that the 1099 isn't rght.

Also, be sure to get w-9s filled out on everyone. If the client isn't already doing that, tell them to begin adopting a policy of not making the payments untilhe receives the w-9.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

All businesses need to issue 1099's for the provider of services. So the grave diggers are providing a service - digging graves. As far as the flower providers are they actually providing a service or providing flowers - if flowers this is a product not a service.

Comment

Working...
            X