Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
    Honestly, I do not know of any walk-in retail stores who continue to sell the Academic version of Microsoft Office.
    MEI Microcenter has this product in their retail stores only (not via online purchase). Here is the requirement from their website:
    Microsoft Office 2010
    Academic Edition

In order to qualify for these purchases, you will need to verify you are either a Student, Teacher or Faculty Member. The following are acceptable forms of proof for Microsoft Academic Editions - Limit 1 per customer per title.

Teachers, Faculty and Staff Members, please provide one of the following:
    1. A copy of a current picture School I.D. card; OR
    2. A copy of a recent paycheck stub (all sensitive information may be blacked out) or some other official school document verifying your employment with the school , PLUS an alternative picture I.D. card (driver’s license, etc. - all sensitive information may be blacked out).
    Students of Higher Education, please provide one of the following:
    2. A copy of a current enrollment form showing tuition as paid for current semester, plus an alternative picture I.D. card (driver’s license, etc. - all sensitive information may be blacked out).
    Students of K-12 Institutions, please provide one of the following:
    2. A copy of a current report card, enrollment form, or some other official school document showing your name as a current student, PLUS a picture I.D. card for the student (state id card, driver’s license, etc.) or, for minors, a picture ID card of one the student’s parents having the same last name of the student.
    K-12 Homeschools, please provide one or more of the following:
    1. A copy of a letter from the local county or state’s department of education or school board recognizing your homeschool; OR
    2. Copies of receipts for purchases of homeschool curriculum packages in addition to verification of membership in any homeschool associations
    I called the local store to ask if I needed to bring anything in to buy this product for my daughter who attends school 125 miles away. I pretended it was a Christmas gift and I did not want her to know I am buying it. They told me that if I cannot surreptitiously somehow get at least a copy of her ID, they cannot sell it to me.
    Doug

Comment

Working...
    X