Call from Inuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call from Inuit

Had a message on my machine today from Intuit. After starting out saying it was not a sales call, the rep went on to say that their records show I use QB accounting software and Drake for tax prep. He said they were running a special in November in which they would "buy back" my copy of Drake and offer me a five year deal with ProSeries for a "fraction of the price."

I'm not sure why they tried to tell me it was not a sales call, because clearly it was. Anyone else out there get a call like this?

Inuit

Haven't gotten the call...

According to Wikipedia, the Inuit are "a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic regions of Canada."

Do you mean Intuit?

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Yes - Intuit

Typed message first time and somehow deleted entire thing and had to re-type. Guess I did not check closely enough.

Comment

No, it wasn't a sales call. It was an information exchange call with the ultimate objective being an transfer of funds from you to them. But not a sales call.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Everyone who called me in the last years starting with saying, that this is not a sales call, was a sales call for sure. I now always interrupt right after that first sentence.

Comment

Salesmen never make sales calls.

Comment

Explanation

Originally posted by Koss View Post
              Haven't gotten the call...

According to Wikipedia, the Inuit are "a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic regions of Canada."

Do you mean Intuit?

BMK
              Actually, it was in reality most likely a cold call .......

FE

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                No, it wasn't a sales call. It was an information exchange call with the ultimate objective being an transfer of funds from you to them. But not a sales call.
                Very well put, John! Very ... very .. intuitive.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

In my other life I sell capital equipment to hospitals, universities, and pharmaceutical companies. It's a very unique kind of selling, but sometimes the people who work at the companies we represent make the mistake of lumping all sales people in the same mold.

So here's my story about euphemisms and selling. Several years ago the son of the owner of one of the companies hired his son who was an electrical engineer to manage the business side of the company. Right away he had business cards printed up for all the sales reps. But instead of "Maufacturer's Rep", or Sales Rep", he had identified us as "Sales Engineer". I handed mine back to him and said "So what makes you think I regard it as a step up to be called an 'Engineer'?". Funny, but our business relationship was a little strained after that...
                  Last edited by JohnH; 11-04-2011, 08:15 PM.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Fraction of the price

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
                    He said they were running a special in November in which they would "buy back" my copy of Drake and offer me a five year deal with ProSeries for a "fraction of the price."

I'm not sure why they tried to tell me it was not a sales call, because clearly it was. Anyone else out there get a call like this?
                    I am curious, what is the "fraction of the price"?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                      I am curious, what is the "fraction of the price"?
                      No idea - did not bother calling back. It would be interesting for a current ProSeries customer call and ask what kind of offer are they giving out to non-customers. After finding this out, then ask for a matching offer from Intuit - I'm pretty certain they would quickly refuse to do so.

Comment

Yes

It never ceases to amaze me how businesses offer deals to new customers that they will not give to existing customers. For example if you have Cable or Satellite TV or Phone Service you just know that the only way your bill is going to go down even a little bit is to change your provider or cut way down on your plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
                          Everyone who called me in the last years starting with saying, that this is not a sales call, was a sales call for sure. I now always interrupt right after that first sentence.
                          My interrupt is "is it going to cost anything"?
                          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Had Intuit leave me a message today saying the same thing. Right before had a call from Taxwise wanting to give me a "super low price" on their tax software to come back to them. Yeah too bad they don't treat you as well when you are a customer. Taxwise could have cared less when I told them I was not going to renew. I just got an "okay".

Comment

Working...
                            X