Kansas Nonresident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Nonresident

Illinios trust (pass-through to TP) received a K-19. I am not sure what I need to do with this.
    There is Kansas taxable income and Kansas tax was withheld. Do I need to file a Non-Resident tax return for Kansas?
    Form 500-B was also included for Oklahoma distribution and income tax withheld.
    Any help would really be appreciated. I am clueless on this one.
    Noel
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

TTB, All States, page KS-1 says nonresidents must file a Kansas return if they receive any Kansas source income regardless of the amount.

You would probably want to anyway if there is Kansas withholding and the TP is due a refund.

Page OK-2 says a nonresident must file an Oklahoma return if there is $1,000 or more Oklahoma source income.

Comment

File

These oil well states do contact non filers.

Comment

My experience

Is yes, you file a NR and take the credit for the withholding. I know for sure OK doesn't allow efile of non residents, not sure about Kansas.

Paper file and make sure you attach the documents that indicate the withholding.

Sandy

Comment

Thanks

for you help everyone.
          Noel
          "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
          X