More 8867 Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More 8867 Headaches

I'm told that Form 8867 must now go to the IRS with the clients' tax return.

Does it follow that the client must also be furnished with a copy? Normally I would say they are entitled to a copy of anything in their tax return package, except this form claims to be designed "for preparers' use."

I think I am going to provide it whether required or not, in the interest of full disclosure and responsibility to the client.

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    I'm told that Form 8867 must now go to the IRS with the clients' tax return.

Does it follow that the client must also be furnished with a copy? Normally I would say they are entitled to a copy of anything in their tax return package, except this form claims to be designed "for preparers' use."

I think I am going to provide it whether required or not, in the interest of full disclosure and responsibility to the client.
    I would say yes, since the new (Draft) form instruction tells you to attach it to the tax return, looks like its going to be another form that's part of the tax package.

Comment

Working...
    X