Macho Accountants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macho Accountants

...inspired by references to "Accountant Jokes" from another thread...

Ever wonder why Accountant guys never get "Miller Time?"

Miller time is for guys jumping off their horses after roping calves and wrestling them to the ground. Miller time is for guys running through a grizzled defense in a football match and dragging them into the end zone. Miller time is for workers building a hydro-electric dam turning huge one-ton turbines with their bare hands as sweat pops out from every pore.

Why can't we be macho too? Imagine Miller time waiting on a guy going nuts on an adding machine with paper tape rolling off into the floor. Ladies, doesn't this image melt your innards just like that chiseled specimen bench-pressing 400 lbs?

While we're at it, let's don't leave anyone out. Ever see the dainty woman that plays a concert piano, and has a wimpy guy in a stuffed shirt up there turning the pages of sheet music for her? He deserves a little Miller time too...
    Last edited by Nashville; 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM.

I have that page-turning thing down to a science.
    After all, I get plenty of practice using The Tax Book.
    (Gotta keep this thread relevant, you know)
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

HA HA I opened this thread after just now pouring myself a Miller High Life. Cheers!

Comment

Macho accountants

Once, years ago, a CPA society publication had a cartoon of a guy unbuttoning his shirt like Clark Kent does to reveal the big "S" on the Superman outfit he had under his Clark Kent clothing. In the cartoon, under the accountant's street shirt, was "CPA" where Clark Kent wore the "S."

Comment

This accountant doesn't get "Miller Time" cause fizzy yellow beer is for wussies. I'll take an Imperial Stout anyday. Having wrestled, boxed and raced motorcycles in my younger days I try to refute the comman stereotype of the accountant.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Time To Change

...so much for "nerd" accountant status. I want to appeal to women (even more than I already do).

Ordering Pabst Blue Ribbon and getting rid of Harvey's Bristol Creme Sherry. Couldn't afford that stuff anyway...

Comment

Speaking of appealing to women, I was at the gym one day and I asked the trainer which machine I should use to make myself more appealing to the brunette over on the treadmill. He looked me over and said, "In your case, your best chance might be the ATM machine."
              Last edited by JohnH; 10-27-2011, 03:08 PM.
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

This is all too much! When I used the term "it's miller time" it was to signal my backup that I needed their assistance because a drug buy was about to go south.
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                X