State of VA ques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of VA ques

We have been getting calls from wife (estranged) of a tax client saying she needs us to FAX letter to a person at VA DHHR (?) saying that WE did not file a tax return for her! I've never heard of such a thing and dont want to fax anything to anyone that I dont KNOW for sure! Husband filed MFS (wife's name and SS# appear on that return in proper place)????

There is no such agency as VA DHHR that I know of. It is the VA Dept of Taxation in Richmond VA. Assume you filed husband in another state? Ask her to fax YOU the letter requesting such. Or is she talking about the Veterans Admin?

Comment

Google

I could "google" Va DHHR and it provided W.VA DHHR or hhr.virginia.gov (which is Vrigina Sec of Health and Human Resources.

Burke is correct, have the "request faxed" to you before proceeding.

Sandy

Comment

Could be a phishing attempt too.

Comment

Of course, you could always tell her that you would agree to send the letter if every other tax preparer in American who didn't prepare her return sent the same letter.
          Lennox C. (Len) Boush, EA, FNTPI
          Heritage Income Tax Service, Inc.
          Portsmouth, VA

Comment

sorry

I wasnt clear (there is NO clear here though) - VA DHHR is supposed to be Virginia Dept of Health Human Resources (or something like that?)
            I really like your idea Lenboush - could I get your letter please :-)

Comment

There is a VA Dept of Human Resources within the VA Dept of Health. I am going to assume she apparently is applying for a job there and they want to make sure she is a Virginia resident and not a WV resident? Not sure why that would be a problem, however. Just because YOU did not file one for her, doesn't mean someone else might have, so I don't get the reason for the request.

Comment

I didn't file one for her.
                Feel free to fax them this message, if you wish.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                X