IRS begins accepting PTIN renewals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS begins accepting PTIN renewals

IRS begins accepting PTIN renewals — but with problems (10-19-2011)

As of today, the IRS has made available their online PTIN renewal system.

"However, three of us at Spidell went online to renew and all three of us experienced problems. After an hour on the phone with the IRS, they informed us that "hundreds" of people have called with similar problems and it would probably be a "couple of weeks before the bugs are worked out."

"I'm from the government and I am here to help you."

Just sayin'.

Comment

Again

So here we are again!
      All anxious to complete the next requirement - and the IRS or powers to be can not get their act together!
      Guess another couple of weeks won't matter - but then isn't the deadline 12/31/11??? so someone better start processing our information and resolve issues.

Very frustrating!

Sandy

Comment

Any bets on the possibility they will extend the 12/31/11 renewal deadline?
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

What was the problem?

Last time the problem was getting the e-mail back with a code to continue the application. I was told to set up a free hotmail or yahoo e-mail. That worked.

Surely they tested this before starting it.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

I tried yesterday.. the pdf showing my reregistration was complete didnt work.. I got thru all of it and paid... the reciept didnt work (my account shows pending transaction) and it still shows that I have'd reregistered. I guess i'll call them if the payment goes thru... grrrrr

Chris

Comment

Renewal fee reduced

Did you guys notice the renewal fee for 2012 is $63.00? We save a big, old, fat $1.25. Yippee!! Gotta' love it.

Peachie

Comment

Can we file a paper app again? Worked last year.

Comment

Ptin

For some unknown reason, mine went through today on the first try!

Regards Ricardo

Comment

Ptin

It took less than 10 minutes to fill out the application. They got my money and approved the application. I am good to go until 12/31/2012
                    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Mine failed

Originally posted by Brian EA View Post
                      It took less than 10 minutes to fill out the application. They got my money and approved the application. I am good to go until 12/31/2012
                      I have just spent two hours trying. No good. Failure as usual.
                      Christopher Mewhort, EA
                      mewhorttax.com

Comment

Operational

Went online to PTIN tonight around 10PM EST - all went fine, renewal processed, received Paid fee Confirmation, and about an hour later received the PTIN Renewal Welcome Letter via the PTIN account mailbox.

Took less than 10 minutes for renewal, as all of the information was there - all you needed to do was to make any necessary changes or updates and answer a few yes/no questions.

Sandy

Comment

Yes

Yes, Burke, you can renew via paper.

Comment

IRS SNAFU as usual

Last year it took me 107 days to get my PTIN

Ended up with the same one I always had.

Now, I try to renew and it does not go through.

Why is it the IRS sends out news releases that the system is ready and yet it does not work?

Why doesn't someone get fired or fined. We would!!!

Comment

PTIN fee unknown?

Tonight I went through the online PTIN renewal process.

Everything went fine, to include obtaining a PDF/printable copy of the 2-page application summary.

However, at the end I received this cute message: "Your application data was submitted successfully but the system was not able to calculate your fee."

I thought the fee was FIXED.

Has anyone else encountered this blockade? And, if so, what do I do next and when do I do it???

Thanks!

FE

Comment

Working...
                              X