IRS Email PTIN Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Email PTIN Related

I got an email today saying that I have a message at www.irs.gov/ptin and I should go there and log in with my information under "returning users" and read my message. Well the site is down for maintenance until Wed. Did anyone else get this email? Anyone got any confidence that when available the landing page will have "returning users"?

Caution

That sounds like a phishing scam to me...

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Here is message re PTIN

Originally posted by Koss View Post
      That sounds like a phishing scam to me...

BMK
      The message (copy below) appears to be legit and does take you to a valid IRS web site.

Of course, that web site ( http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=210909,00.html ) seems currently to be out of service.

BTW: I only received (so far) SIX of these identical messages from the IRS....

Dear Tax Professional,

You have a new message in your online PTIN account mailbox. To view the message, log into your PTIN account from www.irs.gov/ptin and enter your user ID and password under "returning users". Once you are logged in, select "View Your Messages" from the Main Menu.

*** Note: This is an automated email. Do NOT reply to this message.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

FE

Comment

Well

I feel like I am "out of the loop" once again!
        I have received NO emails as of today from irs.gov/ptin.

Sort of out there with my EA renewal

Although that did finally arrived on Saturday 10/15/11

Sandy
        Last edited by S T; 10-17-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X