Do these boards "reset" each week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do these boards "reset" each week?

I have noted that on the first visit to the TTB boards after a weekend, NOTHING shows up with the "go to first new post" blue box.

This includes recent (weekend) posts that I have not read.

As the week wears on, the blue box appears for virtually all posts.....until the following weekend is concluded.

Are the "folks in control" resetting everything on a weekly basis, or what?? If so, it makes catching up after an absence from the boards a bit more troublesome.

Thanks!

FE

I have found that when that happens to me I'm not logged in. For some reason my computer didn't save the info or "cookie" and I have to log in again with my password. Then, it remembers what I have read or posted to again.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Not exactly

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
      I have found that when that happens to me I'm not logged in. For some reason my computer didn't save the info or "cookie" and I have to log in again with my password. Then, it remembers what I have read or posted to again.
      I never knowingly "log out" and, when putting up my post of today, I did NOT have to log in.

There were no "blue boxes" (first new post) greeting me this fine Monday morning...or is that an oxymoron? OTOH, the old posts to which I had previously commented showed the usual "you are subscribed to" blue boxes on the right side, near the dates.

But then, maybe some of my cookies have just crumbled?? (I hate it when that happens....)

FE

Comment

i am having trouble today

trying to stay on this site. first it was "unavailable", then when i came back started reading message board but after reading some posts click on main forum and i freeze. it's been happening for over an hour. so i go to another site, come back and start all over again. now , i finally read all posts to date.

Comment

I had some odd screens this morning as well. Had to log out and back in a couple of times to get it to work right. Maybe they're having to do some "maintenance" today.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Boy am I dense!!!! I never noticed the blue box until you mentioned it. Those posts are in bold type and that was always what I looked at.
            You learn something new each day. Thanks.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
            X