more disclosure stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more disclosure stuff

Does anyone have a sample letter for the client to sign to give the previous accountant permission to speak with me. The previous accountant still does the S-corp return and there are some oddities (and I think inaccuracies) that are coming through to the W-2s. So I need to speak with him regarding the practices the S-corp is following. The clients were formerly 49% shareholders, but as of 1/1/11 are now 100% shareholders.

CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE OF TAX RETURN INFORMATION

Federal law requires this consent form be provided to you. Unless authorized by law, we cannot disclose, without your consent, your tax return information to third parties for purposes other than the preparation and filing of your tax return. If you consent to the disclosure of your tax return information, Federal law may not protect your tax return information from further use or distribution.

You are not required to complete this form. If we obtain your signature on this form by conditioning our services on your consent, your consent will not be valid. If you agree to the disclosure of your tax return information, your consent is valid for the amount of time that you specify. If you do not specify the duration of your consent, your consent is valid for one year.

Please complete: [To be completed by the taxpayer.]

• Purpose for forwarding information: _____________________________________
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    __________________________________________________ _________________

• Name and address to whom the information is being disclosed to:

• Duration of Consent: _________________________________

I, ______________________________________, authorize (your name here) to release my tax return information for 20___.

Signature: ______________________________________________ Date: _______________

Signature: ______________________________________________ Date: _______________

If you believe your tax return information has been disclosed or used improperly in a manner unauthorized by law without your permission, you may contact the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) by telephone at 1-800-366-4484, or by email to: complaints@tigta.treas.gov

Comment

Working...
    X