Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaur days

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
    Oh right! That's back around the time we used a lot of schedule R's also.
    I prepared a LOT of Schedules G (income averaging). In fact, one year the office "contest" was to see who could prepare the most Sch G. (I came in second.)

As for Schedule R, in my foggy memory I recall preparing only one of those. (Most people received enough Soc Sec to make it useless.)

Perhaps all of that ammonia and staring cross-eyed at check tapes did me in??

OK, cue Archie and Edith now................

FE

Comment

Hurricane Irene

The IRS and most states say they are going by the zip code. My S-Corp I'm completing had a drop-down menu to choose from and prints Hurricane Irene at the top of the first page. CT doesn't seem to have anything to print. So far, nothing prints on individual returns for IRS or CT. NY has a special code, D4 maybe to pick from a menu. As long as they were on extension and in a county that Hurricane Irene hit, then the new deadline is 31 October. Can't do direct debit after today, though, so print out a payment voucher for them to mail in with any balance due. Direct deposit is still on. I'm going to write Hurricane Irene on any paper filed returns, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
        Remembrances of the past - I always enjoyed trying to work that form and save a few tax dollars - clients always seemed to be impressed - use to use it as a "tool" to have the taxpayer involved when a new client. So many had never heard of it - so even if just
        $ 100 that I could show that I saved the Client was elated. Of course in those years - no computers - just paper, pencil and calculator.Sandy
        Yeah, I had so many people qualify for it I could do it on the adding machine without the form. It only took a few thousand $$$ increase for it to work. As for Sche R, never had one to qualify in 35 years.

Comment

Pioneers?????

How about printing the return on the reliable dot-matrix plain paper printer. Taking the plain computer paper, cutting it to paper size, and sliding it into a transparent form master overlay like Schedule A or 1040. Carefully lining it up and setting the thing on the no document feeder glass copier, pushing copy and, if everything lined up, you got your one schedule. We would use the Dryer strips to cut static down on the plastic transparency.

No wonder we worked until midnight!

Comment

Tales from the crypt

Originally posted by DMICPA View Post
            How about printing the return on the reliable dot-matrix plain paper printer. Taking the plain computer paper, cutting it to paper size, and sliding it into a transparent form master overlay like Schedule A or 1040. Carefully lining it up and setting the thing on the no document feeder glass copier, pushing copy and, if everything lined up, you got your one schedule. We would use the Dryer strips to cut static down on the plastic transparency.
            BTDT.

To add insult to injury, around the same time the NC Dept of Revenue required a full copy of the federal tax return to be attached to all state returns.

We killed a lot of trees and spent much on postage.....

And don't forget my Social Security number is on every one of those tax returns.

FE

Comment

Working...
            X