Stapler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stapler

This may not be the intention of the board but here goes. I bought the new Paper Pro Stapler and won't go back to my red Swingline.
    Get back to work and make some money. Seriously, the new Paper Pro's work every time.

Originally posted by Milton
    This may not be the intention of the board but here goes. I bought the new Paper Pro Stapler and won't go back to my red Swingline.
    Get back to work and make some money. Seriously, the new Paper Pro's work every time.
    Good for you Pal
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Cite

Do you have a cite to back that statement up????

Comment

I gotta Fever! And the only thing that will help is more stapler!

Comment

Dear Uncle Miltie,

Paper Pro Stapler and won't go back to my red Swingline.
          I think the motley collection of insensitives on this board is trying to imply that you're a nitpicker. I fully agree with you that the selection of one's own personal stapler is truly a matter of great import and, indeed, requires a thoughtful pause, as it were, before making this momentous decision. To wit, I prefer the Ace "Cadet" model of Chicago manufacture.

Other like-minded individuals may offer their preferences, but only serious commentators will be be considered.

P.S. I once knew a girl who confided to me her infatuation with the "Eberhard Faber" eraser. I may be able to put you in touch if you'd care to correspond.
          Last edited by Black Bart; 03-25-2006, 04:29 PM.

Comment

My money's on the Bostich G2 Staple Remover, "borrowed" from HRB in 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
              I think the motley collection of insensitives on this board is trying to imply that you're a nitpicker. I fully agree with you that the selection of one's own personal stapler is truly a matter of great import and, indeed, requires a thoughtful pause, as it were, before making this momentous decision. To wit, I prefer the Ace "Cadet" model of Chicago manufacture.

Other like-minded individuals may offer their preferences, but only serious commentators will be be considered.

P.S. I once knew a girl who confided to me her infatuation with the "Eberhard Faber" eraser. I may be able to put you in touch if you'd care to correspond.
              Motley? I like to think of as a widely diverse group with wildly divergent opinions.

Comment

Now,

Originally posted by veritas
                Motley? I like to think of as a widely diverse group with wildly divergent opinions.
                that IS truth!

Comment

Originally posted by rosieea
                  My money's on the Bostich G2 Staple Remover, "borrowed" from HRB in 1988.
                  Would you PLEASE return my staple romover?
                  Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Milton - Oh, alright, I'm sorry

about the gigs, but you can see (can't you?) how it was just too good to pass up.

I know you're just tryin' to help by tellin' us about a trade goodie so, to make amends and maybe get a new board member, I just went to the Paper Pro site and got the facts. It looks like a good gun and if you'll make up with us, then I'll go and buy one (a model 1000-$17.32/ not the model 2000-$35.02 which is a bit pricey for my taste) and see how it works. Then we'll compare notes (ah'm sump'n of a nitpicker mahsef--or so my wife says).

These callow Turbotaxers here ain't such a bad bunch (disregard everything jainen says) once you get to know them and you can find answers here to problems that you can't find anywhere else--even on the--ahem--"other" board.

Now chime back in so we'll know you're a good sport. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Black Bart; 03-25-2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Milton / Milton / Milton

Originally posted by Black Bart

Now chime back in so we'll know you're a good sport. Thanks.
                      Come on, now--there's no use poutin' about it. Just havin' a little chuckle or two now and then, after all. Nothin' wrong with that, is there? I'm tryin' to be nice, but I'm hopin' you aren't one of those younger-generation types that my pop (and George Washington) said "are goin' to the dogs." You know that if you overindulge in rare beef and watch those WWF "Raw" folks too much it'll stunt your growth, don't you?

Isn't it amazing how popular that stuff is ('rasslin' I mean)? You wouldn't think that another "Stone Cold" Steve What's-His-Fist is just what the world needs now (as if there weren't enough unfeeling, ticked-off louts to go around), would you?

Well; back to business--come on back here, now. My finger's just hoverin' over the "proceed to checkout" button with a brand-new Model 1000 in the cart. Besides, we can use you. Anybody pays that much attention to detail has got to know lotsa stuff about taxes and Lord knows this "widely diverse" motley "group" can use some fresh ideas and perspective.

Comment

I got one............

I am working at home today and needed a stapler...............thanks for the tip Milton!

Comment

See, Milt?

You're already havin' an effect.

Nice goin' SpadaEA. Say, you wouldn't happen to know anything about new rules for the EA test would you? Thanks.

Comment

NO.....I don't

One of the woman in my office is planning on taking the test, if you like I will call NAEA and find out for you......call me and let me know 508-238-0937.

but, its a really nice stapler!

Comment

Thanks anyway,

but I'm not taking it. A friend heard that they (IRS) had subbed out the test to Thomson and asked me to ask if anybody knew anything about that or if they had, in fact, changed up the format for '06.

Re: the stapler--guess I should emulate your gracious style of reply to Milton since, to tell the truth, last week I was thinkin' about buyin' a full-size Ace "Pilot" type that holds a full strip of staples so you won't run out so fast as with the small "Cadet." As I recall, I spent about an hour cruisin' their website, so I guess Milt's not the only student of trivia on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X