I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought

I was so excited on Saturday - as I had received a letter from the Internal Revenue Service just addressed to me Hoping it was my very long awaited EA Renewal since when June 2011 I filed and paid, and which was already long over due

But NO!
    It was another form letter from Internal Revenue Service, IRS Tax Professional PTIN Processing Center in Waterloo, IA - gave a letter number, date and contact number

The contents said

This letter is a security measure to inform you that an online account was created in your name in the Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) system. No futher action is required if you created an account in the online PTIN system since December 3, 2010.

If you did not create an account, please contact the IRS Tax Professional PTIN Information Line to report your concern
    Duh! - I signed in and created my PTIN on or about that date and have a confirmation of my PTIN - Now 9 months later they are sending me a letter ??? Do I need to be concerned and call the # to see if I have been "hijacked" and be on hold for another 1 hour

Somehow - I just don't think this system is working

Anyone else receive the letter???

Oh by the way - I am still awaiting my EA Renewal - think those of us stuck in this "Black Hole" will ever receive our confirmations and renewal EA cards by the time of the next renewal?

Frustrated,

Sandy

Originally posted by S T View Post

...Anyone else receive the letter???
    Yup. I also received the third letter in the census bureau trilogy about the extended census form.

Letter 1 - We're going to send you a form.
    Letter 2 - Here's the form.
    Letter 3 - We sent you the form - did you send it back yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DonPriebe View Post
      Yup. I also received the third letter in the census bureau trilogy about the extended census form.

Letter 1 - We're going to send you a form.
      Letter 2 - Here's the form.
      Letter 3 - We sent you the form - did you send it back yet?
      I choked on my cereal when I read this. It's funny because it's so true.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Actually....

...you have to commend the goobermint, as they are merely "creating more jobs" to handle this obvious crisis!

Comment

Oh by the way - I am still awaiting my EA Renewal - think those of us stuck in this "Black Hole" will ever receive our confirmations and renewal EA cards by the time of the next renewal?

Frustrated,

Sandy
          I never received the card one cycle but I had two letters from IRS saying they'd mailed it to me so I figured that was good enough and quit trying.
          Last edited by Davc; 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Still Waiting

I am still waiting for my EA Renewal.

Comment

Ea

Someone forogt to tell the IRS that EA no longer stands for Enrolled Agent....it now means ENOUGH ALREADY!

Mo

Comment

I Got Mine!!!

I was gone to Georgia for a week and my husband told on Thursday that I had an envelope from the IRS. He said they've got you now.

But I opened it this morning and it is my renewal card. YEA!!!!!!!!!

I applied for the renewal on June 7th so it took 3 months to get the card.

Linda, EA

Comment

Filed mine 06/01. First year to do a renewal... hope I get mine next week. Little worried Linda you got yours first but renewed on 06/07. Wonder if they go by your license number as to when they are mailed out?

Comment

Me - EA Renewal Waiting

Me Too!
                    I also filed online an or about 6/1/11 - so wondering how they are processing these EA Renewals
                    Maybe Monday or Tues this week in the mailbox

Sandy

Comment

You will probably get your cards this week. I am sure they do them in huge bunches. It came in a large envelope, 8 1/2 X 11....just so you know what you are looking for.

Linda, EA

Comment

I did mine by snail mail when the form was first available on the IRS website. Since I did not renew online, does that mean I will have to wait another 3 years to get my card, if at all?

B.T.W. They did cash my check that very same week that I mailed the application.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
                          I was gone to Georgia for a week and my husband told on Thursday that I had an envelope from the IRS. He said they've got you now.

But I opened it this morning and it is my renewal card. YEA!!!!!!!!!

I applied for the renewal on June 7th so it took 3 months to get the card.

Linda, EA
                          3 months. Sounds like they expedited yours. They don't seem to be getting anything done under 12 weeks but cashing checks. Hopefully, I will get mine this week since I am now in that time frame.

Comment

Still waiting

Well Linda filed for hers after several of the rest of us filed for ours, and received hers first.

I have heard NOTHING!

Tuesday - was all Garbage Mail!

Still waiting for what Linda describes as that "large package" and now making sure that I am going through each and every piece of mail - Garbage or not!

Sandy

Comment

I was so excited on Saturday - as I had received a letter from the Internal Revenue Service just addressed to me Hoping it was my very long awaited EA Renewal since when June 2011 I filed and paid, and which was already long over due

But NO!
                              It was another form letter from Internal Revenue Service, IRS Tax Professional PTIN Processing Center in Waterloo, IA - gave a letter number, date and contact number

The contents said

Duh! - I signed in and created my PTIN on or about that date and have a confirmation of my PTIN - Now 9 months later they are sending me a letter ??? Do I need to be concerned and call the # to see if I have been "hijacked" and be on hold for another 1 hour

Somehow - I just don't think this system is working

Anyone else receive the letter???

Frustrated,

Sandy
                              I received that letter as well and filed my EA renewal in early June and still no renewal letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X