Need to supplement your income???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to supplement your income???

I saw an ad today on Yahoo. Intuit is looking to hire "tax professionals". You would answer phone calls to help people using Turbo Tax. Gee that should be easy.............................

(tone of post is sarcastic)
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Now don't be like that!

Comment

Let's see:

"I paid for health insurance, how come it won't let me take the Health Coverage Tax Credit?"

"Of course I'm the head of household, I'm the only one living here. Why won't it let me file that way?"

"Where do I deduct my 401k contribution?"

"My friend got a $3K refund. How can I do that?"

"I already filed, but then I got another W-2, and it's not letting me file again. Oh, I can only file once? Then I'll go to your competitor and file the second time there."

Comment

Or,
        "I have a w-2 here. Where do I find the numbers for the other boxes on the screen?" They are in reality looking at a 1099 Misc, not a W-2.

That's why I tell people who call asking for prep help "It's like trying to give a haircut over the telephone."
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
          Or,
          ...That's why I tell people who call asking for prep help "It's like trying to give a haircut over the telephone."
          I will use this!
          JG

Comment

The new tax plan.....

Caller: "I need help using the software...what do I do?"

Me: "Oh, with the new government plan it is so easy now.....How much money did you make last year?"

Caller: "$30,000"

Me: "Just send it ALL in to the IRS"

Geez, now that was EASY....now where is that Staples button when I need it!

ha...ha...

Comment

Recruiting email

I received this email from them yesterday....

My name is Jerome Anderson, a recruiter with Intuit, the leading provider of accounting and business software. We're currently seeking a group of Enrolled Agents and CPAs to support our TurboTax customers, and I wanted to personally reach out to you and encourage you to apply for this positon.

The TurboTax Advisor role is a seasonal, work-from-home position, with the main duties consisting of providing support and advice to TurboTax customers via phone, email, and online chat. We provide the equipment and clients, you provide your expertise. The job offers comprehensive virtual training, a competitive salary, a strong bonus program, a flexible schedule of 30-40 hours per week, and discounts on Intuit products.

To qualify for these positions, you must have active Enrolled Agent Certification, or be an active CPA. If you meet these requirements, follow the link below to read a detailed job description and apply online now!

Please feel free to pass this information along to any of your colleagues who may be interested in these opportunities as well...word of mouth is one of our most powerful recruiting tools!

Again, you can read the detailed job description and apply online here: http://bit.ly/TurboTaxJobApply

You can learn more about working at Intuit and view all of our open opportunities at www.intuitcareers.com.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Guess it is not bad enough that they market the program to take clients away from professional preparers - now they want us to be the support people.

Comment

Perception versus Fact

All of us know the situation with TurboTax and the market with the DIY crowd, so I'll spare everyone having to read the issues again.

What I would, however, draw our attention to is the support they are receiving from the most unlikely places. If you are a member of today's society and don't know anything about taxes, you would think there is no solution for you except Turbo Tax.

Banks all over the country refuse to accept advertising, even from their wealthiest business depositors. But they will send you a TurboTax advertisement on any given document, or a link to TT on their websites.

They now are advertising that they can refer a user to a "live" tax practitioner. Maybe some of us are having such a hard time that we will sell our souls.

There is so much on TV about TT that you would think Intuit owns the TV networks. One of them is so hilarious it would be funny if it weren't so sick. Some average-looking guy morphs into a tall, suit-and-tie guy with a briefcase that the narrator says "Now you can be like a CPA yourself!!"

Understand they are very successful in siphoning off business from us because people buy into perception when they don't have time for facts. Has worked since the beginning of time.

Comment

I changed banks (had been with this small town local bank over 40 years) because I kept getting Turbo Tax ads when going to on-line banking site!
                  Bank has never contacted me or questioned why I left.......

Comment

i got the same email that KBTS got.

They want us to help people do it on their own instead of coming to us.. Crazy

Linda, EA

Comment

Got the same email. I'm gonna email Jerome back and give him the business.
                      Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Ditto

Received the same email

Have a lot of nerve as someone else posted, and they keep raising my ProAdvisor Fees for the QB product

Intuit seems to have NO recognition of customer loyalty on their products.

Glad I am not paying for the LaCerte Tax Program or Pro-Series, as I would really be upset.

Sandy

Comment

Kind of unrelated but funny video on youtube. Saw it when looking at a Intuit video:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

ask a Tax Expert

Comment

Speaking of DIY 'ers with Turbo tax.

I've an 1040x on my desk for pickup his afternoon. he had thought that since it was a 1099 it had to go onto schedule c. Turns out it was a 1099-LTC! not even taxable.

Even after some other minor corrections, difference is still close to $3,900.

Ka CHING!
                            ChEAr$,
                            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Is Intuit or Turbo Tax Desperate

Another email arrived - soliciting for "expert tax knowledge"

Note:
                              Certified Tax Preparer - Active Enrolled Agent with current Certification; or Active CPA;
                              or possess a JD (JD - active practicing Attorney having passed the bar exam with up-to-date credentials).
                              Some of the highlights are - No commuting - Flexible Work hours - Outstanding Benefits - Excellent pay, plus a potential bonus of up to $ 8,400, health care coverage, dental plan, life insurance and 401K plan

Sounds good! Except I really dislike being on the phone 24/7 and not knowing my clients.

More benefits than what I have now!

So what is it that is not being said?

Sandy
                              Last edited by S T; 10-04-2011, 12:11 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Working...
                              X