Anyone With Drake? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone With Drake? Help!

I have a client that has a 1099-R Disablity. I put on the form on the lower left hand side checked it for disablity and plus report as wages on line 7 of the 1040.

REJECT #1 code was 50 and 53
    Drake said the word Statement need to come of the 1040 line 7 (which it came by itself). They told me to go to "Other" under SCH Unformatted Statement and change to 1.
    Transmit and REJECT #2

They told me to go and change to 01 on the unformatted statement.
    Transmit REJECT #3

For 4 days now rejection and called IRS they say call software. Drake now has my return e-mailed but haven't gotten back to me.
    Any solutions from anyone that has or had this problem before? Don't have time for this!

I'm afraid if I mail return it will still be wrong and back to square 1. Any advice now will be very appreciated.
    SueBaby

On the "help screen" it says to make statement 1A. Maybe that will work. Why do you want it to show up as wages? Was it short term disablility?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
      On the "help screen" it says to make statement 1A. Maybe that will work. Why do you want it to show up as wages? Was it short term disablility?
      It has the number 3 for disablity and no it is long term. Thank you and I will try this for the 4th time. Thank you very much for your help, Bucky.
      SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby
        I have a client that has a 1099-R Disablity. I put on the form on the lower left hand side checked it for disablity and plus report as wages on line 7 of the 1040.

Drake said the word Statement need to come of the 1040 line 7 (which it came by itself). They told me to go to "Other" under SCH Unformatted Statement and change to 1.
        Transmit and REJECT #2

Transmit REJECT #3

For 4 days now rejection and called IRS they say call software. Drake now has my return e-mailed but haven't gotten back to me.
        Any solutions from anyone that has or had this problem before? Don't have time for this!

I'm afraid if I mail return it will still be wrong and back to square 1. Any advice now will be very appreciated.

Some Employers report disability on a 1099 while others do it on a W-2.

If a tax payer receives a 1099R with code 3 and he /she is under 59 1/2
        the income goes to line 7 as a W-2 income.It does not matter if it is short term or long term disability.You should not put it on line 7.It goes there automatically
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Drake Software

It has the number 3 for disablity and no it is long term. Thank you and I will try this for the 4th time. Thank you very much for your help, Bucky.
          Sue:
          It's easy to get frustrated at this time of the year. Have you called Drake support to help you out of this predicament? Also when you have time I would like to hear from you as to how long you have been with Drake and how pleased you are with this software.

brobhelen@tampabay.rr.com

Comment

1099-r

Code 3 goes on 1040 Line 16b automatically on my software.

As fare as I know,,,,,all 1099-R's go on line 16.
            Confucius say:
            He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Transmit and REJECT #2

Transmit REJECT #3

SueBaby, I dont think I fully understand what you did..All you have to do is access the 1099R screen and enter the info.That's all. The software takes care of it. Technically disability income should go to line 7 if the client is under retirement age and the employer should have issued a W-2. When the client retires and he is still disabled then a 1099 should be issued.

Go back to the return and put the info on the 1099R screen .It works like a charm

Let me know
              Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                Sue:
                It's easy to get frustrated at this time of the year. Have you called Drake support to help you out of this predicament? Also when you have time I would like to hear from you as to how long you have been with Drake and how pleased you are with this software.

Chief, I have been using Drake software for 5 years now. To me it is the best. I have tried a few others and I kind of like this one a little more.

For the price and support I dont think I will change.

I also just received a copy of Taxslayer in the mail.Personally, it's not for me.

Comment

Exact problem

I had this exact problem. And what was happening there - a statement line generated on line 7 that I didn't notice. Apparently then you had to fill out the statement and then couldn't EF. I had three rejects before finally seeing the line. Drake support's only answer to something that is not written out in a script is to send the return and they'll look at it. (If I'm worried about privacy I can delete the names and addresses) - Ha! Like I have time to do all that - but that is another problem.

So, this is a Drake issue for sure. For years they have contended (incorrectly) that it is a mistake to put a code 3 1099 on line 7. I have read them the instructions in the earned income credit pub - but then no one ever listens to me. (But that's also another problem.) It is just that this year this line is rejecting.

In my client's case it didn't make a difference, so I just put it on the pension line and called it good. I will deal with this issue again after tax season.
                  JG

Comment

Transmit and REJECT #2

Transmit REJECT #3

Sue Baby, I would like to know what is the outcome of this return.

Please post it on the board

Comment

Originally posted by BRIAN
                      Sue Baby, I would like to know what is the outcome of this return.

Please post it on the board
                      Sorry, I've been working non stop since I've had this problem, kinda put me behind.
                      Drake finally told me to put it "Other" screen and put 1A on for the statement. I've never had that problem before.
                      It worked and the returned today was accepted.....finally!!!
                      Thank ALL of you for your support. Appreciate it greatly!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Sorry, I've been working non stop since I've had this problem, kinda put me behind.
                        Drake finally told me to put it "Other" screen and put 1A on for the statement. I've never had that problem before.
                        It worked and the returned today was accepted.....finally!!!
                        Thank ALL of you for your support. Appreciate it greatly!
                        P.S. Why have I lost my name on the board?
                        SueBaby

Comment

Chief, I have been using Drake software for 5 years now. To me it is the best. I have tried a few others and I kind of like this one a little more.

For the price and support I dont think I will change.

I also just received a copy of Taxslayer in the mail.Personally, it's not for me.
                          BRIAN, I've used Drake for 4 years and I love it. The people and the software are great. Just this problem I had and this time of year was a little nervey.
                          Wish they had a toll free number to call them whenever I do have a problem. But other than that I'm sticking with Drake.
                          SueBaby

Comment

SueBaby, I dont think I fully understand what you did..All you have to do is access the 1099R screen and enter the info.That's all. The software takes care of it. Technically disability income should go to line 7 if the client is under retirement age and the employer should have issued a W-2. When the client retires and he is still disabled then a 1099 should be issued.

Go back to the return and put the info on the 1099R screen .It works like a charm

Let me know
                            I thought it worked like a charm, but it came up ( automatically) on the 1040 as Statement #1A, which got rejected. Drake said put #2 on the other tab where statement was, I did and got rejected too. So finally, after the third time, alls wells ends well, they helped me get it e-filed and accepted. Don't matter how. Hope to not have that problem again. Thanks for alls input on this matter. ALL CLEARED UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!
                            SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                              Sue:

SENT E-MAIL TO YOU ABOUT DRAKE. Thanks
                              SueBaby

Comment

Working...
                              X