Scheduling EA exam @ Prometrics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling EA exam @ Prometrics...

Ok, nobody is perfect and good example of that was me registering @ Prometrics mistakenly enterint my last name in the first name line and last name in the first name line. The registration mandated my PTIN, DOB and Address. When I was about to schedule and exam, I entered my PTIN and the first 4 letters of my last name only to be rejected. 3 trys and I then I thought, maybe I should enter first 4 letters of first name. BINGO. Ok, so I go back to "edit personal info" page to correct this and guess what, in big red letters "you cannot change name on system". So I called Prometrics and was on only hold for 30 mins. When I got the dept I needed and told the Prometrics rep what happen, he started laughing at me. Ok, I will admit, it was pretty funny but not that funny. I asked him, by entering the PTIN, DOB & Address, isnt this all suppose to match up with the IRS data and if so, my intiital registration should have been rejected since my first and last name did not match. He agreed. Last thing, for those of you that scheduled your exam thru Prometrics, notice on the "Personal Info" before you make your payment, on the bottom of the page it has "Social Security Number (000000000)" and a number appears but it was NOT my SS#. When I asked the Prometric rep he replied, its one of the ways we kept track of the candidates. As if we are not confused enough. Prometric could have not called that number something else?

Is a PTIN required in order to take the EA exam?

If so, why?
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Ok, nobody is perfect and good example of that was me registering @ Prometrics mistakenly enterint my last name in the first name line and last name in the first name line. The registration mandated my PTIN, DOB and Address. When I was about to schedule and exam, I entered my PTIN and the first 4 letters of my last name only to be rejected. 3 trys and I then I thought, maybe I should enter first 4 letters of first name. BINGO. Ok, so I go back to "edit personal info" page to correct this and guess what, in big red letters "you cannot change name on system". So I called Prometrics and was on only hold for 30 mins. When I got the dept I needed and told the Prometrics rep what happen, he started laughing at me. Ok, I will admit, it was pretty funny but not that funny. I asked him, by entering the PTIN, DOB & Address, isnt this all suppose to match up with the IRS data and if so, my intiital registration should have been rejected since my first and last name did not match. He agreed. Last thing, for those of you that scheduled your exam thru Prometrics, notice on the "Personal Info" before you make your payment, on the bottom of the page it has "Social Security Number (000000000)" and a number appears but it was NOT my SS#. When I asked the Prometric rep he replied, its one of the ways we kept track of the candidates. As if we are not confused enough. Prometric could have not called that number something else?
      What is the phone # for Prometrics; I have been having problems myself. Thanks
      SueBaby

Comment

Working...
      X