Window 7 Computer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window 7 Computer Problem

My system just freezes especially when I'm on the internet. I have had to reboot several times. Done so 3 times today! I took it to a tech and he says everything ok ONLY for me to connect in my office with same problem. I have huge RAM and Hardware.
    Could someone help. This needs fixing before our busy season

Kay, NY

1st, get off internet and back up if not already.

1st thing I would do if you have not already is if you pc will run w/o being on internet, back up your entire C drive on an external drive if you have not already. Did you tech person check for viriuses, ware etc.

Comment

The Pc does run just that it suddenly freezes and I have to go through some rituals to have it work again. I have Kaspersky but will just go ahead and scan my file now.

Comment

Is it an HP and when it freezes the fan runs uncontrollably?

Comment

Some questions:

When you say it freezes, does that include the cursor not moving when you move the mouse?

Is there anything suggestive of overheating? Make sure the computer's vents are clear, the room is air conditioned, etc.

How many different programs are you running when this happens? If more than one, does ALT-TAB let you shift between programs? Does the Windows Menu key (or CTRL-ESC) bring up the menu?

I'll often use the Windows Task Manager, to judge whether it's some software that's taking most or all of the CPU, but I hesitate to suggest that if you're not familiar with the task manager.

(Apologies if this seems overly pedantic, but "freezes" means different things to different people.)

Comment

Have you tried restoring to a date that it wasn't doing this?
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Thanks all. When I took it to the tech I have him change 2 fans except the one for the motherboard. But I cleaned that also. The room has AC. I have 2-screen monitors so I usually have about two applications and or internet (which I use oftent). I started noticing this problem about two months ago when I decided to clean the computer files and defragmentation by Window 7. Since then the pc would suddenly seem like its proceeing a click command and then it would shut down and try to re-Start.
              Sorry, but I've not have this kind of problem before with the older systems.

Kay, Ny

Comment

HP computer

I have an HP computer running XP. Lately it has bee turning itself off. I will try vacuming the fan area. What I am saying is your problem may be HP related or fan or power source related and not software.

Comment

I finally got a techie who knows the stuff. The problem was the computer power. He replaced the power and everything is ok now.
                  Much thanks to all.

Kay, NY

Comment

anu thanks for letting us know the results.
                    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                    X