EA's get good publicity last 2 weeks in AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA's get good publicity last 2 weeks in AZ

AZ HB2551 (I believe) will now tax AZ taxpayers on out of state purchases that were not assesed any sales tax at purchase. An EA was interviewed on our PBS channel "Horizon" show which I am a big fan of and the AZ Republic newspaper artilce by E.J Montiti, also interviewed an EA.

Yes

I saw this article in the paper yesterday. How many clients do you think are going to tell us about their purchases online?

Comment

Every EA & future EA should read this.

16th paragraph down in attached article

Referring to EA's it says: "These are pros you want on your side if you get audited"

This is the online edition to the AZ Republic Newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
        AZ HB2551 (I believe) will now tax AZ taxpayers on out of state purchases that were not assesed any sales tax at purchase. An EA was interviewed on our PBS channel "Horizon" show which I am a big fan of and the AZ Republic newspaper artilce by E.J Montiti, also interviewed an EA.
        Presumably this is just the Amazon extension, requiring companies such as Amazon to collect the sales tax. I'm pretty sure that all the states with a sales tax have long been taxing their residents on out of state purchases not previously subject to sales tax (often called a "use tax").

Originally posted by Gary
        How many clients do you think are going to tell us about their purchases online?
        This has long been a question on Massachusetts returns. I won't say that the answer is none, but very few. Having a safe harbor provision helps encourage people to pay something.

Comment

Working...
        X