Tenn EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenn EA

my old client in Tn not having luck in finding someone to do tax return. they live in Lebanon area. client googled for EA and no matches came up only HRB, JH.

ATXCommunity

I see the screen name RitaB and Lebanon, TN, over on the unofficial ATXCommunity.com. There are others in TN posting over there. Check it out. Or, ask me to invite them over here!

Comment

Here's 2 names

I think that Nashville and Snaggletooth both are in that area.

You could send them a private message and see how close they are to your client.

Linda, EA

Comment

Ea

Taxmom34, what is the problem with a CPA, EA or attorney that works for HRB or JH?

Comment

TaxMom

TaxMom, I think you have sent my contact information to this client before and I never heard from them. Lebanon is within my service area, as I come to customer's home if they wish (I have others living close to Lebanon).

Nashville and Snaggletooth are one and the same (but logging on different computers).

I know a high-powered CPA very well on Hwy 70 about 11 miles from Lebanon if they feel their situation is so complex that they need one.

Also, Rita Baldwin has a classy office in Crossville. From Lebanon it is a scenic hour-and-a-half drive up onto a plateau to her office.

I don't know anyone practicing in the very town of Lebanon, but the town is large enough to have several EAs and CPAs, and they can't go wrong by consulting NATP and NAEA websites.

Comment

I can only handle one name per person....you are confusing me! Just kidding! but nice to know. Maybe I did and just forgot.

Linda, EA

Comment

For a while

yes

Snaggletooth, Nashville, Corduroy Frog and I think Golden Rocket are all the sign-ins for Snags

Might be another one in there somewhere, that I can't remember

Sandy

Comment

yes, Snags

i gave them your info again, let's see if they take my advice. they had a CPA do their return and client found multiple errors last year and again this year. so, i told her she just needs competent person to do her taxes , most likely a EA, especially now that new regs, and PTIN's required. etc i would even recommend a competent tax preparer.

this particular CPA didn't impress her, her office was dark and dingy, dead plants and old tax books on dusty shelves, but she gave it a try anyway, but when she found the errors , well, that was last straw.
                and i would only recommend HRB locally, because i know the preparers there , and i know which preparers are better than others.

Comment

slow learners

Some people are just slow learners.

Linda, EA

Comment

Multiple Names

A little explanation perhaps is in order for all the names.

The toothless one was unique for awhile. As the board developed its IT capabilities and security became more important with spam barrages, advertising, etc. it became necessary to associate each computer location with its own unique sign-on credentials.

Thus, the birth of the Corduroy Frog, Golden Rocket, Nashville, Edsel. I seemed to have a penchant for names of failed enterprises - Corduroy Frog was our band which went defunct after one practice, Golden Rocket was nationally advertised failed railroad line circa 1950, Edsel was Ford's ill-fated entry into the crowded mid-price field in 1957-60.

I should have shorted the other one to simply "Nash" - and I would have had yet another failed automobile model. Most of you may be too young to remember - it was the predecessor of the Rambler (also gone forever).

Seems like the only smashing success in the nomenclature was "Snaggletooth" and I think my wife Callie would even argue that "smashing" has a double entendre.

Comment

Originally posted by taxmom34 View Post
                      my old client in Tn not having luck in finding someone to do tax return. they live in Lebanon area. client googled for EA and no matches came up only HRB, JH.
                      Your client can go to the NAEA website (www.naea.org) - click on "find an EA" on the left side of the page. Search for Lebanon, TN and you will get two EAs from lebanon.

Comment

thanks

to all, i just love, love this site. so much help and thoughtfulness and intelligent people. again, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X