Had to Uninstal IE 9 here is why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to Uninstal IE 9 here is why

Upon accessing my brokeage firms website, none of my clients accts appeared and some other website were not functioning very well. It was suggested to me to uninstall IE 9 for which I did. Wa La, my brokerage clients appeared.

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Upon accessing my brokeage firms website, none of my clients accts appeared and some other website were not functioning very well. It was suggested to me to uninstall IE 9 for which I did. Wa La, my brokerage clients appeared.
    There is a lot of positive to be said about IE9, but compatibility is not one of them.

There is a broken rectangle / document icon in the address bar that identifies sites which are incompatible with IE9. I have found that clicking on that icon (which invokes compatibility mode) eliminates most problems when they arise, but you need to notice the icon first or you will never understand why clicking on things on the screen has no effect.

I have also noticed that Yahoo! mail does not like IE9 and prefers an older version (or compatibility mode, but the message they give you to do this tells you to upgrade the browser because it is too old (as opposed to too new). Gmail is a whole different problem. For them, they work better in IE9 mode, but sometimes IE9 decides on its own to revert to compatibility mode for Gmail (without even telling you that it is running in that mode). Then you have to figure out how to tell it to stop using compatibility mode since the funny broken icon is not available (hint: it is one of the tabs that appears when you press the F12 key).

The IRS website also seems to prefer compatibility mode.

I actually have decided to keep one machine set to my older browsers just in case I cannot get things working (I have also had some grief with Firefox 5.0).
    Doug

Comment

Most probems with IE 9 can be addressed by simply selecting "compatability view" from the tools menu.

Comment

Before I switched to Linux, I used Maxthon when I needed an IE-based browser, like going through the tax classes on my companies web site before they started supporting Firefox. I never had any issues with it.
        If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Working...
        X