Brad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad

What is going on with the highlighted items? IS THIS A HACK OR WHAT? Maybe I'm the only one seeing it and it is my computer?
    Last edited by BOB W; 06-17-2011, 12:24 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

I don't see any highlighted items on my computer. If I do a search on the message board, the search word is highlighted. Otherwise, it is not.

Anyone else see highlighted words on their screen?

Comment

Nothing is highlighted for me.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Nothing here.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

OK> Thanks. it must be in my computer. It is picking out certain words and highlighting them. When I click on the highlighted word it brings me to an advertisment. This only started when I downloaded and installed "Open Office", or at least about that time.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Did you install a browser tool bar when you installed OpenOffice? I vaguely recall that it gives you that option, possibly for the Yahoo toolbar or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
              Did you install a browser tool bar when you installed OpenOffice? I vaguely recall that it gives you that option, possibly for the Yahoo toolbar or something similar.
              Could of been, I don't recall. That is the problem with FREE software>>it is not free of potential trouble. I will see if I can find the problem and delete it.

I got this audio asking about a survey and than this shows up:
              Last edited by BOB W; 06-18-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Being proactive

Be careful what "helpful" ( and free !! ) software you download and install.

It sounds as if you are experiencing the general direction of where certain (how can I make some $$$ ?) web browsing is going. For instance, I recently searched for the address/phone number of a doctor in the local area. He has a fairly uncommon name, so I searched something like name+doctor+my town. The first two pages that Google gave me were for medical "search" web sites. A couple of pages down I finally found "my" specific doctor information which is all I was ever looking for in the first place.

As for your situation, I would strongly suggest a complete antivirus/antispyware scan ASAP. You may have more problems than you already noted? You could also consider selecting a reasonably "new" restore date also.

And again, be extremely careful of whatever "offers" you accept on the internet. You should also have a "throw-away" email address, different from the one(s) you regularly use, for all those sites that require a working email address for registration of something.

Good luck!

FE

Comment

Working...
                X