NJ Preparers....refund status for NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ Preparers....refund status for NJ

Are you serious, no online "where is my refund" or am I not looking on the correct page? Called 609-826-4400 since my resident AZ client mailed in their NJ non res tax return nearly 3 mos ago. So after punching in all my clients info, I need to call 609-292-6400. Anyone know of a easier and more efficient way?

If the 4400 number indicates to call the 6400 number, it probably means there is something going on with the return that requires talking to a human. Maybe it's being audited? Maybe they need additional information? Perhaps a form got misplaced? The very fact that the 4400 number indicates to call the 6400 number suggests that there isn't an easier way.

Comment

Have Your Tried

from the NJS web-site -New Jersey Division of Taxation
      Undeliverable Refund Search

Welcome to the New Jersey Division of Taxation's Undeliverable Refund Search. If you did not receive your New Jersey income tax refund check for either this year or last year, you can use this service to determine if the check was returned to the Division of Taxation by the U.S. Postal Service because of an invalid mailing address. If you do a search and discover that your check was returned, you can submit a claim form to have the check reissued.
      Once you have submitted a claim form, please allow at least 60 days for a response.

Are You Waiting for Your 2010 Income Tax Refund Check? Do not search here until at least 12 weeks after you filed a paper return, or 4 weeks if you filed your return electronically. After that time, if you still have not received your check, or your refund was not directly deposited to your bank account, call the Automated Tax Information System from a Touch-tone phone (1-800-323-4400 within NJ, NY, PA, DE and MD, or 609-826-4400 anywhere) to check the status. A search on this Web site will not produce results unless your refund check has been returned to the Division by the U.S. Postal Service.

Are You Waiting for a Refund Check for a Tax Year Prior to 2003? You can search here for undeliverable refund checks that were issued for tax years 2003 through 2010 only. If you believe your refund check for an earlier tax year may have been returned to the Division of Taxation, call the Customer Service Center at: 609-292-6400.

To search for a returned refund check:

Enter your name (last name first) and social security number below. If you filed a joint return for the year for which you are inquiring, be sure to enter the name and social security number listed first on your return for that year.

If the name and social security number you enter matches with a returned refund check, you will be able to complete and submit a claim form. You will need to provide the following information as shown on your New Jersey income tax return:

Tax year of the refund
      Your filing status
      Your spouse's/civil union partner's social security number (if filing status is married/civil union couple, filing joint return)
      Refund amount (exact amount shown on your return)

Enter your current mailing address. Your refund will be mailed to the address you provide.

Allow at least 60 days for a claim form to be processed. If further information is needed, you will be contacted by the Division.
      Remember: Your search will not produce results unless your refund check has been returned to the Division by the U.S. Postal Service. If your search does not show a returned refund check, please continue to check this site. Information is updated periodically.
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
      X