OT Gretel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT Gretel

Haven't heard from her in awhile. I wouldn't describe her situation as life-threatening as some of us have had fires, tornados, blizzards, etc.

But she is dealing with a situation. Her town sits in the watershed of the Musselshell River. This river is docile compared to the large rivers we hear about, but its chief water volume comes not from rain but from snowmelt from mountains to the south and west. Snowwater normally reaches its peak in May, but this May there have been torrential rains which at a sufficient elevation are converted into FEET of snow in those mountains.

The town has been encroached continually by rising water. I'm sure she is not in danger, but her facilities (including her computer) may be inoperable or out-of-communication. That might be why we haven't heard from her. Or she could just be taking an "after tax season break".

Gretel, if you're out there - we're thinking of you.

Nash, thanks for thinking of me. I actually almost got killed in a car accident two weeks ago. Head on collision at 70 miles with a car whose driver fell asleep. I was really lucky to get away with a slightly cracked 2nd vertebrae, a broken wrist and heel. So I watched the terribly flooding from my hospital bed, Roundup was totally closed off and will be closed off again after tonight, some more flooding.

I am home since Saturday, doing very well, but am handicapped and only today started a little work at the computer. I checked the board but won't be posting for a while, need all that is available to me to do at least some work from home.

I was wondering who of "our family" got hit by any of the terrible disasters going on. There are sure lots of prayers floating around the globe.

Comment

Best Wishes

OMG - Gretel - sounds like you are so lucky and you were being watched over!

Take some time to heal and don't overwork, by sitting at the computer or at the adding machine or desk. Worst possible stress on your back and wrist which will need some time to heal.

Our prayers are with you for quick recovery!

Sandy

Comment

Gretel,
        So sorry to hear you had such a terrible accident. Please take care and heal. You are missed when you aren't here.
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Gretel

I can't imagine going through such an accident. Heal quickly.
          D

Comment

Count me in

I'll be praying for a speedy recovery as well!
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Gretel, speedy recovery...

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Comment

Best Wishes

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you, Gretel.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Me too!

Friend -- BB

Comment

Get better Gretel, prayers are with you.

Comment

I'd like to add my get well wishes for your recovery!!
                        JG

Comment

Since tax season is over and it is months till extension time is on us, rest and let your body recuperate.
                          I wish we were closer so we could give you a hand if you need it.

Linda, EA

Comment

ditto on the well wishes Gretel, heal well!!!

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The prayer network is incredible and includes the family of the driver "at fault", who got hit much harder than I did. Poor guy, working his butt off, three little girls, driving home from work and is falling asleep. I met his huge family and also visited him once. They were so concerned that I am mad at him, which never even crossed my mind,

Anyway, since my accident I can physically feel this prayer network and I am so happy about this that I am almost glad I had this accident. My body is lame but my spirits are high.

Comment

Working...
                              X