AZ tax preparers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZ tax preparers.....

In all my years of tax preparation here in AZ, I have never seen this before. E-filed client AZ individual return on 4/17/11 & accepted by AZ on 4/18/11 according to ProSeries (tax software) e-file history. Client calls yesterday wondering how long it takes to receive AZ refund via direct deposit. What, no refund yet. I went to AZ dept of rev website and entered the data required to check status of the refund and the reply is: "We are sorry we cannot provide any information about your refund". Called ProSeries and they verified this tax return was accepted by AZ. I called AZ dept of rev and you would think it was the middle of tax season. Anyone have a phone number to the AZ dept of Rev for tax preparers only other then 602-255-3381 OR ■1-800-352-4090. Also, the recording mention something about an AZ POA to dicuss the TP's tax return. Does that mean AZ will not discuss my client's return unless I have a sign POA and if so what form number is that?

Here are two numbers I have written down, don't know if they are still good or not. Give them a try, and good luck.

I have this number for the AZ Practioner Hotline. 602-542-2132 (INCOME TAX) 12-2009 is the date I got this number.

I also have this number for AZ Taxpayer services 602-716-6912

Comment

I think most states will accept 2848...

so long as you include under tax matters "Arizona Income Tax" with the form number and year. However, I also think most states will discuss a return with the listed preparer, even without a POA.
      Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Form 285 is the AZ POA form and it is required.

Comment

Piglee thanks

Originally posted by Piglee View Post
          I also have this number for AZ Taxpayer services 602-716-6912
          Piglee, this number worked and allowed me to leave a message. Alvin Brite is the person on the other end who did return my call within 24 hrs. His title is: E-file administrator.

Bhoffman - Upon asking Alvin, its my understanding that AZ form 285 (POA) does not need to be completed if you prepared your client current AZ tax return. He released my clients info and did not ask if I had a form 285 on file for my client. I also understood him to say that form 285 is also not required from those tax preparers that filed prior to current yrs tax returns.

So how close is the Wallow forest fire from you? Stay safe.

Comment

Just a delay?

Do you think it is a "disclosure" issue (POA etc) or more likely that, for whatever reasons, the refund has just not yet been processed?

Granted, most states will respond (web site) with something along the line "your return has been received" or "your return is being processed" or "your refund will be delayed until mm/dd/yyyy" but that may not be the case in AZ or, more specifically, with this tax return in question.

The mere fact that the efiled return was (apparently) "accepted" by AZ does not in and of itself mean the refund is yet on the way. While the feds have a payment schedule that is reasonably reliable, the states have their own circumstances. In this area, a six-week delay for a state refund, especially for a return filed at the very end of tax season, is more the norm than the exception.

While I cannot speak for AZ, I do know that around here all kinds of "surprises" can occur to delay/offset a state refund. Such would include outstanding child support, unpaid college expenses/loans, car registration/licensing issues, and much more.

FE

Comment

Glad that number worked. The fire is about 40 to 50 miles from us. We can see the big plumes of smoke from our house. When the wind changes we get smoke. It is burning a lot of good camping and hunting ground. 9 years ago with the Rodeo-Chediski fire, there was some burning just a few blocks from our home. Then a year later we lost our house to a fire anyway. We are sure praying that they will start getting some containment on the fire. So far 0% contained. The good new is that no homes have been burned yet, as of last night. And no firefighters have been hurt.

Comment

Working...
              X