EA Renewal Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Renewal Form

In case anyone has been waiting for this, the IRS finally posted the new 8554 here:

Sorry....I just saw that this was posted elsewhere. Please forgive the duplicate.
    Doug

Thanks.

What do you think about the Part 1, where you put in your CPE hours.

There is CPE

and there is ETHICS.

Do you think they want the TOTAL CPE in line one, or the hours without Ethics? There are no instructions. I have way more than I need, but the form is not clear.

Comment

When I filled it out online I listed them separately. I did not include the 2 hours of ethics with the "CPE". Hope that was right.

Comment

Likewise

Dany,
        I did the same on my renewal - I had my hours separated for Ethics at 2 hours from the other CPE hours so they were separated on the 8554

I am so glad this is done - now we wait to receive our EA renewals via mail, which might take 90 days or longer

Since I completed online and paid online, I will check my bank in the next few days to make sure the fee has been drafted

I still feel there could be "hicupps" with this renewal period

Sandy

Comment

EA Renewal Form

I noticed that the revision form was dated February 2011 - but it wasn't released until yesterday.

I believe the CPE hours is the TOTAL CPE hours, and then disclose out of those hours, how many were devoted to ethics.
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
            In case anyone has been waiting for this, the IRS finally posted the new 8554 here:

Sorry....I just saw that this was posted elsewhere. Please forgive the duplicate.
            Glad that you posted it. Apparently the other header did not indicate that it had to do with the renewal form and I just thought it was another of the endless back and forth discussions and did not look at it.

LT
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Agree with Uncle Sam.

Comment

Working...
              X