NC Corporation Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC Corporation Scam

Has anyone on this forum having NC corp clients seen a recent mailing from a company claiming that the corp must submit an Annual Minutes Statement? The notice is cleverly worded and makes it appear that the form must be returned with a check by a specified date, although in the fine print it notes that the form isn't required by the SOS. Some lawyers have described its layout as deceptive in their complaint to the SOS.

This is an old scam that the NC Sec of State has been pursuing for a couple of years, and I just saw a rash of new notices come out in the past couple of days. So if you have NC corp clients, you might want to advise them to toss this piece of garbage where it belongs if they happen to receive one.
    Last edited by JohnH; 06-01-2011, 04:23 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Corp Clients

JohnH, haven't seen it in NC as I don't have any NC Corp Clients, but have seen it plenty of times in Calif, and Nevada.

I , like you, for those clients, have them trash the Notice - it does look official, so I always make sure the client emails or faxes a copy of the notice to me to be sure.

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 06-01-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X