IBM Selectric Model 71 Ribbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBM Selectric Model 71 Ribbons

I haven't bought ribbons for this old typewriter for about 5 years and now find it difficult to find where to buy them. Nu-Kote C40 is one that works. Does anyone have a good source for old typewriter ribbons? Might have to discard the typewriter.

I did a Google search on IBM Selectric Model 71 Ribbons and found several vendors.

Comment

Exempli gratia

Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

A typewriter?

What's that.
        Roland Slugg
        "I do what I can."

Comment

Yes, typewriter

Originally posted by Roland Slugg View Post
          A typewriter?

What's that.
          Thats what old people use to type letters.....

Comment

And sometimes, checks, filling out forms, typing addresses on envelopes. I have an old electric Royal 610 which works just fine for which I just had to order correctable ribbons. I got four -- no tellin' when they are going to stop making them. (The boxes were dated 2007.) Nobody can read my handwriting. Shoot, I can't even write by hand anymore -- all I do is type. My brain is always ahead of my hand.

Comment

Addressing an Envelope w/the computer?

Is a software program necessary to simply address an envelope using the printer or just a case of placing the envelope in the correct place? Pardon my ignorance.

Comment

Word

MS Word has addressing an envelope feature and a label feature - I use it all the time, not good for "BIG Envelopes such as 9.5 X 11.5, but most anything smaller ( my printer wont accept the feed of envelopes over the size of 8.5.

You can add to your MS Word Tool Bar - icon is an envelope and then you can switch between envelope and labels - On the labels you just find the Avery Label #.

If you are preparing a Word Doc - and you have the "address portion" in the Word Doc, you can simply click on the Envelope and it will address that for you via a form feed through your printer.

Sandy
                Last edited by S T; 06-20-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Word has an envelopes and labels under "tools". I like Word because you can save the addresses or labels that are used often. My printer has a little envelope sliding section - easy as pie. But the printer at home does have to be positioned and so I never use it.

Comment

Amazing!!!!
                    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Zeros

I just contacted a fellow in my area to see if he carries them. He told me this model made two different types. I'm not sure which type you have. I told him you might give him a call and discuss this with him.

His name is Bob (949) 582-3636 and his company is Dunker Machines in Laguna Hills, CA. If there is an issue with him shipping to you out-of-state, let me know and you and I can work out something, as his store is right around the corner from my house.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                      X