Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passing EA exam to receiving certificate turn around time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing EA exam to receiving certificate turn around time?

Assuming I pass all 3 parts with the last part being passed in December of 2011. Its my understanding that the results of the exam are immediatly displayed at the conclusion of each exam part. So how days, weeks, months or combination of all, does it take for me to recieve my certificate?

I have a copy of a EA certificate (issued to a friend of mine) dated early 2007. The certificate does have the words: "(name of tax preparer) Is Enrolled To Practice Before The Internal Revenue Service" Do current certificates look the same?

I don't know about now, but I took the exam on October 10/11, 1985.

Received a letter dated 12/23/1985 that I passed all 4 parts.

And my original certificate is dated May 30, 1986.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

A couple weeks

They were getting the certificates out in 2 to 3 weeks after they received the application and check. I sent my application the day after I passed the third part the first week of Jan and the paper is dated Jan 22.
      Of course that is subject to change with their workload and number of persons left to work on that project.
      AJ, EA

Comment

EA Certificate Turnaround Time

AZ - I suggest you become a member of NAEA - www.naea.org - since NAEA keeps tabs on everything related to being and remaining an EA, someone in the membership services department could provide you with whatever guidance you need.
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Everyone I've talked to in the last few months has received their EA certificate at about 60 days after their check is cashed by the IRS. I sent mine in October 16 last year and received my enrollment on December 9.
          Michael

Comment

Couple Comments

It sounds like they have improved the speed since I took the SEE in '97 and had a similar experience to what Jiggers had.

I agree NAEA is a very helpful organization for any EA or wannabe and while I think they might put OP in Associate Status until he is confirmed by the IRS, being an associate would qualify him for help with this matter.

Anyway, congrats on passing the SEE.

Comment

I took mine back in 2008. Issue date was July 28. I took the last test on the first of June. So about 60 days is right. They do display weather you passed the test or not right then on the computer screen. I really did like that because you did not have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                Assuming I pass all 3 parts with the last part being passed in December of 2011. Its my understanding that the results of the exam are immediatly displayed at the conclusion of each exam part. So how days, weeks, months or combination of all, does it take for me to recieve my certificate?

I have a copy of a EA certificate (issued to a friend of mine) dated early 2007. The certificate does have the words: "(name of tax preparer) Is Enrolled To Practice Before The Internal Revenue Service" Do current certificates look the same?
                Really, only three parts to the test? When I took it there were four parts and it took time to get the results and the certificate. It was issued in 1994 and says the same thing.
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                X