Trx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trx

Many of you are aware that TRX has a history of reselling software produced by other companies. At least one year I think they offered a couple of options. Now all of a sudden they apparently plan to offer only their own brand next year. Does anyone plan to use their new software? It is by the way available for demo.

TRX - You Spoiler..

Yes. I am. And I am have a demo now. However, be advised. The original product that they purchased stopped production back in 2006 or so. They are modifying that and bringing it up to current standards.

The new software is called Tax Exact. I am not positive if they will be keeping that name but I believe they are. In addition to that, they also purchased a Business Management package which they intend to fully integrate. The BM has full A/P, A/R for the Tax Practice, Appintments and a decent package to keep in contact with your clients via email and/or TEXT. You can schedule reminders for estimated payments, sales tax, etc. Also does appointment reminders. Currently the BM package is NOT integrated but that's going to happen over the next two years.

So, what makes this a big deal? COST for one! Second, options. Functionality. And some features that are still under development.

I've been in touch with one of the owners as well as the product manager. I've used TRX for 3 years now. The past two using Red Gear 1040 Works but at a reduced cost. 2008 was TaxWise and 2009 / 20010 Red Gear. I have no issues with them, but then again - I am more self supportive than most. I am a cards on the table guy. At least I try to be and have been very candid with them.

So? What does this mean? Follow the next post and we'll see..... You may have some input as well.... If you stop by --- Tell them Matthew Jones sent you -- Hey - Brownie points count!!

Originally posted by erchess View Post
    Many of you are aware that TRX has a history of reselling software produced by other companies. At least one year I think they offered a couple of options. Now all of a sudden they apparently plan to offer only their own brand next year. Does anyone plan to use their new software? It is by the way available for demo.
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Working...
    X