Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ea

1041 Decedants Etate
    An unusual situation for me, regarding Income in Respect of Decedant (IRD).
    Date of death of decedant: 11-21-04
    Executor received Incomes complete with W2 and 1099R, under decedant's SS Number.
    W-2 info: wages $4,510, FICA Taxes WH, Fed Tax WH $902, no state tax WH. Also, received 1099R (pension) Distribution $30,206, Fed WH $6,041, State WH $1,510. Question how does taxes get paid this income? Does 1041 pay tax on this income ?, or should I issue W-2 and 1099R to beneficiaries? If so do I state on issued 1099R and W-2, K-1 income, 1041 EIN No? Their are 9 sibling benificiaries involved here, can I simply issue 1 1099R and W-2 to executor (also a benificiary)? I don't think I should file a 1040 for a deceased individual with his SS number. If so, is a deceased person entitled to a standard deduction and exemption? If I can't file a 1040 for a deceased person, how does income on those statements under his SS number get reconciled with IRS? Any help on this question would be deeply appreciated. My EMail address Louis316@Comcast.Net

If you have to ask these questions, I don't think you should be holding yourself out as a qualified tax preparer.

Comment

Pub. 559

You need to read PUB. 559

Comment

The executor files a regular 1040 for the year of death of the deceased. All income received until the date of death is filed on that 1040. Income received AFTER the death is filed on the 1041. Funds distributed after the death to the beneficiaries can be taxable or non taxable, depending on their nature. Taxable amounts to the beneficiaries can be passed through on the K-1's or paid with the 1041.

Why don't you just prepare the regular 1040 and refer them to the attorney who prepared the will or trust for the 1041? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
        X