Form 8655

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8655

Does signing up on this Reporting Agent Authorization for a client subject us to the same liability for payroll taxes as being on a signature card at the bank?

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    Does signing up on this Reporting Agent Authorization for a client subject us to the same liability for payroll taxes as being on a signature card at the bank?
    I don't see how it could. "reporting" agent is not the same as "paying" agent.

(answering this question even though subject to ennui at this time of the day.)
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Better to be subject to ennui than to suffer from angst.
      Last edited by JohnH; 05-11-2011, 12:43 PM.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Actually,

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        I don't see how it could. "reporting" agent is not the same as "paying" agent...
        it is, or at least can be. Line 15 on the form authorizes us to sign and file returns while line 16 authorizes us to make deposits and payments. But thanks anyway for prompting me to read the form (which I should have done before asking) and answer my own question -- now I believe that IRS could indeed collect from us if we fill in line 16.

Ennui indeed -- did you swipe that from my recent vocabulary lesson? If so, angst upon you.

Comment

Working...
        X