Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTB pg 18-14

Check the Box Rules:
    If an entity elects to be taxed as a corporation under the check-the-box rules, the entity is subject to corporate liquidation rules if it ever wants to uncheck that box and go back to being treated as a partnership or sole proprietorship. See Corporate Liquidations, page 18-19.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae View Post
      Check the Box Rules:
      If an entity elects to be taxed as a corporation under the check-the-box rules, the entity is subject to corporate liquidation rules if it ever wants to uncheck that box and go back to being treated as a partnership or sole proprietorship. See Corporate Liquidations, page 18-19.
      My thoughts exactly................................
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I'm so glad you guys weighed in before I've even really started this return. Thanks so much for your input and I appreciate your patient replies.

Comment

This is harder than I thought it would be
          Last edited by BHoffman; 04-24-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
            Is allowed between the corporation and the shareholder.
            Hi veritas - I'm looking at Sec 336(d)(A). I'm understanding it to mean that loss is allowed upon complete liquidation unless it is (i) not pro-rata ( only one shareholder here) or is (ii) non-qualified property ( this shareholder did not make any capital contribution of property within the 5 year period).

Am I misunderstanding this? Thanks for advice.

Comment

Working...
            X