P T T S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P T T S

Post-Traumatic Tax Syndrome -- I think that's why the board's slowin' down. Those who haven't gone on vacation (why is JohnH posting from the beach? COTS [Compulsive, Obsessive Tax Syndrome]?) must be suffering from ennui (look it up -- I been waitin' for a chance to work a Fraynch word into a post).

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Sort of a trance-like listlessness has crept into my bones since the ending day (but it's okay ). Langour, lassitude, and listlessness -- um, um, how satisfying! Day before yesteday I slept almost a full day, lousing around, nobody here, door locked, recorder fending off customers, watchin' a little TV, snackin', dozin' off, and so forth. Ahhh....it's nice, being off of work...(although for some reason I keep wantin' to go up front to the office???).

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    Post-Traumatic Tax Syndrome -- I think that's why the board's slowin' down. Those who haven't gone on vacation (why is JohnH posting from the beach? COTS [Compulsive, Obsessive Tax Syndrome]?) must be suffering from ennui (look it up -- I been waitin' for a chance to work a Fraynch word into a post).

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Sort of a trance-like listlessness has crept into my bones since the ending day (but it's okay ). Langour, lassitude, and listlessness -- um, um, how satisfying! Day before yesteday I slept almost a full day, lousing around, nobody here, door locked, recorder fending off customers, watchin' a little TV, snackin', dozin' off, and so forth. Ahhh....it's nice, being off of work...(although for some reason I keep wantin' to go up front to the office???).
    Bart - I go through the same thing and have found that resting on the couch won't work because I can't relax. I think it's best to get yourself physically tired before your mind will rest. Perhaps Mrs. Bart can help you out

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
      ...I think it's best to get yourself physically tired before your mind will rest. Perhaps Mrs. Bart can help you out
      Watch it, this is a family-oriented board!!

Comment

I miss everybody

I am here trying to get caught up on monthly clients. I miss tax returns. I get so aggravated at my payroll tax return people:

Me (Phone): Can you find your state unemployment rate? It's on that form you didn't bring me.

Client: (Rummaging around for five minutes while I wait, and he has quite a little stack of mail there, too.)

Me: How bout call me when you find it?

20 minutes later, and I am with a client, phone rings and I ignore it.

You know, I guess it would be too easy to just tell me the rate in the message.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I just got back from my massage therapist. I told her I had Post Traumatic Tax Syndrome. She thought that was hilarious. Every year by the end of tax season, my sciatic nerve is in severe pain. I asked her if she could get this knife out of my right rear cheek. After she got done, I told I thought she was just going to pull the knife out rather than rip it down my leg to get it out. She said she just drove it through to the other side.

I know how you all feel. I have IRS calls to make, letters to write asking for waivers, tax returns that now have the info, payroll reports..

AND it hurts to sit in this chair more!

Oh, well....just get on with what has to be done. I have 2 1/2 hours left before my husband's retirement starts. Hooray!!!

Linda, EA

Comment

Well, I took Maribeth's advice and got the heck out of town for the past week. Now I am back to 10 extended returns (I am not counting mine) and two trust accountings due May 1. So it looks like I will be here for a while cleaning things up.

Comment

Not the norm

This is not the normal post-tax season for me. For the last 16 years, I have gone to Texas to see my mother. She went from my arms to God's last November. Today I am 55 and not with my mom. Working on tax returns and it seems like it is never-ending. I'm glad for the work, and celebrating that I have this message board (that sent me a birthday message in my email this morning... who knew I'd need that...).

I noted on April 10th, that I had done 400 returns and by April 18th I had loaded (returns and extensions) 452. Those last minute returns were absolutely NUTS this year! I like them for just one reason.... no discounting!

Next year will be my first year with my sister here for most of the tax season. She saved me this year! She is a "foster" sister that I searched for and found after 30 years of not knowing where she was. I think my Mom might have had a little something to do with that reunion.

So, thanks for carrying me another season, y'all. You mop me up and don't even know it!
              "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
              X