Slow Saturday/ ? Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Saturday/ ? Monday

Sort of quiet yesterday and I'm expecting it probably will be again tomorrow. The past few years there just hasn't been much doing on the last days, whereas we used to have a last-minute flurry of procrastinators flocking in. Don't know if it's a local thing/TurboTax/planets out of alignment/whatever.

It's okay (I'm beat anyway), but seems to be a developing trend.

That's certainly the trend from people I've talked to all over.

Tomorrow will simply be mopping up day. Although there may be one or two.
    Maybe even the beauty shop owner whose installment agreement is under consideration
    and who I told her in January she would have to file on time AND pay balance due so as not to be in default.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Harlan. She can file an extension, and even if she owes on the current year's return it won't invalidate the installment agreement unless she can't pay by October. At this point she has nothing to lose.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

i have finished what I have to do by tomorrow. I have 2 people picking up returns. One client coming at 4 when she gets off work. One new person calling when she is off work and we will see what we can do for her. Unless it is very simple she will get an extension at least for a few days.

I have 2 s corps on extension. I need to do those and the personal to go with them. I will do them in May.

Tuesday I have new carpet being installed in my house so I will be stuck here while they work. I will do my quarterly reports then and that will be done.

I feel like I am in good shape. Hope no one else calls tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good year. Hope everyone has a great summer. Enjoy some family time and relax a little.

Linda, EA

Comment

I also hope everyone had a profitable tax season and you'll be able to enjoy some time off in the coming weeks. My wife and I just booked a long Easter weekend at Myrtle Beach and I'm going back to Wrightsvile Beach the following weekend for a business conference. Looks like a nice way to end the tax season from where I sit.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I've got 1/2 of a RDP couple's extension to go, one more RDP couple who I have to talk to tomorrow (COD income & need to tighten up some of the figures for the insolvency calc), another client who won a decent lottery jackpot and took out retirement distributions...how many losing tickets do they have? another couple I need to talk to because one owes big time and the other one I'm already butting heads with over MLM deductions

and my own extension. Most of these are 50-90% complete, including my own. I need to either do my rental bookkeeping or fudge figures that are good enough for an extension. I'm drinking an energy beverage so I should be up for quite awhile.

I did go to Palm Sunday mass today though...nice to take some time out and do something for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
              I also hope everyone had a profitable tax season and you'll be able to enjoy some time off in the coming weeks. My wife and I just booked a long Easter weekend at Myrtle Beach and I'm going back to Wrightsvile Beach the following weekend for a business conference. Looks like a nice way to end the tax season from where I sit.
              Hey, you are from NC did you get any of that horrible weather up there? It is terrible on TV that I see. So sad to watch too; lost of lives and homes and business all over.
              SueBaby

Comment

Thanks for asking. We weren't affected in teh Charlotte area, but there was lots of damage & loss of life to the east of us. We've heard from Sandy and she's fine, but still waiting to hear from Josh and FEDuke. Josh is in Wake County, which was one of the hardest hit areas.
                Last edited by JohnH; 04-18-2011, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Bent but not broken

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                  Thanks for asking. We weren't affected in teh Charlotte area, but there was lots of damage & loss of life to the east of us. We've heard from Sandy and she's fine, but still waiting to hear from Josh and FEDuke. Josh is in Wake County, which was one of the hardest hit areas.
                  I was within a few miles of the major damage, but escaped unscathed except for a littered yard and some rough moments watching ice-cube size hail bouncing on the driveway. Places further east, as well as the Lowe's store in Sanford, got hammered. Twenty-two folks, including three children in Wake County (killed in own home by falling tree), lost their lives.

Worth a view?:

Time lapse photos as funnel cloud approached....scary!!:
                  Time-lapse video of a tornado from the top of RBC Plaza on April 16, 2011.

Picture gallery you can look through:

John - enjoy your trip to the beach. One word of note: "Calabash"

FE

Comment

Wow!

I'll stop complaining now about some water in my basement and computer problems. At least my house is still standing and I have power on now. Our warm thoughts go out to all of you in NC and elsewhere hit by recent violent weather.

Comment

Working...
                    X