Next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next year

Just had an idea. In my next year's New Year's Day traditional client letter will be this statement or words to that effect:

"My fee for your work will be double the usual IF you happen to be the very last return I do on April 15th."

Hmmm, maybe even a sliding scale for the last day?

Needs work.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

You could say"

If you are the first return I do this season, there will be no charge. On the other hand, if you are the last return I do in the season, the fee will be double.

They will all be racing to be first and racing not to be last.

I think you are on to something here.

Linda, EA

Comment

The problem with being the FIRST clients to appear is that many of these may be missing
      forms such as 1099-R, 1099B, etc. which will come floating in later requiring us to
      prepare amended tax returns.

Comment

then you charge them for the amended return. You can look at what they had last year and kind of know if something is missing.

I had a lady this year. Swore she had everything. A week after we filed she got a 1099 from broker. I had asked about that exact broker statement. So she paid for an amended return.

Linda, EA

Comment

When I started doing taxes I read a wonderful post on one of the tax boards about how a guy did his charges. If the client delivered prior to April 1st they received a 20% discount (the normal fee) and if they deliver on April 1st or later they don't receive the discount (essentially a 25% surplus fee). Works out very well. I only have 2 clients that waited this year until after April 1st and they were waiting on K-1s. I'm just about done - just waiting for people to pick up returns and pay me!

Comment

Working...
          X