IRS Form 1099A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Form 1099A

I am getting to old for this, but have a new client who has a rental and the above was issued to them for 2010...Box 2 shows 281,189 (debt forgiven) and Box 4 shows 298,237 (fair market value of property). The cost of the Condo was $225,000. I am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to report this on my software ! Bottom line,,,,Is any of this taxable and if so how much? And what form to report on? Thanks,,,, Duane Anderson

You will need the depreciation schedule from the client.

Is the loan Recourse? What date was the abandonment? Any word on a 1099C? from the client. When the condo was refinanced, was the money used for personal reasons or major improvemnete to the Codo. When you give me this these answers, I will try and help you. Hang In There Bob

Comment

Re 1099 A

The client used the loan to purchase a condo in Idaho in 2009....It was abondoned per the 1099A on 12./10/2010.....Thanks for your help,,,,Regards, Duane Anderson

Comment

Duane I suggest put client on extension

You seem to be confused about my questions. If the client can pay any balance due with the Federal and State extensions, go ahead. E Mail me at relz@sbcglobal.net next week and I will help you complete the transaction. NO CHARGE Bob

Comment

Re 1099a

The client has a refund coming based everything I have, except the big question is whether is "abandonment" is taxable or not, and if taxable how much? Thannks for your consideration as I know we are all "swamped " at the moment.....Regards, Duane Anderson

Comment

Working...
          X