Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insolvency, mail in w/stand alone net worth report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insolvency, mail in w/stand alone net worth report?

My client already completed a net worth in a spreadsheet so please dont tell me I need to transfer that data from their speadsheet to the "statement of insolvency" in my ProSeries tax software. How about mailing in the tax return with a copy of the spreadsheet (taxpayer signature on bottom and dated) something like when you mail in form 8453 "tax transmittal" instead of entering all the stock trades. As you can tell I never like homework. Anyone done this?

Insolvency statement

Insolvency statement is not needed. You only need to include form 982 with the return, which can be e-filed. I have never had the IRS request a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      My client already completed a net worth in a spreadsheet so please dont tell me I need to transfer that data from their speadsheet to the "statement of insolvency" in my ProSeries tax software. How about mailing in the tax return with a copy of the spreadsheet (taxpayer signature on bottom and dated) something like when you mail in form 8453 "tax transmittal" instead of entering all the stock trades. As you can tell I never like homework. Anyone done this?
      I would just mail it in. I've actually efiled with just the form 982 and the IRS came back and asked for the insolvency statement. I would either efile and let them ask for it, or just mail it in and it's over.

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by Barb132130 View Post
        Insolvency statement is not needed. You only need to include form 982 with the return, which can be e-filed. I have never had the IRS request a statement.
        Dittoditto
        Just because I look dumb does not mean I am not.

Comment

Working...
        X