I R S Rejection--Late Filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I R S Rejection--Late Filed?

It hasn't happened to me yet, but suppose a return is submitted and rejected on 4-18 and, for whatever reason, IRS and/or I can't get it fixed (accepted) that last day. Is it considered late filed even though it was originally transmitted on the 18th?

If you correct it and it is accepted within a certain time frame (I don't remember if it is a day or two), then it is considered filed on time.

Comment

I believe you have 5 days to get it accepted.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
        It hasn't happened to me yet, but suppose a return is submitted and rejected on 4-18 and, for whatever reason, IRS and/or I can't get it fixed (accepted) that last day. Is it considered late filed even though it was originally transmitted on the 18th?
        April 22 is the timely filing date this year to retransmit a rejected 4/18 e-file.

Comment

Seems to me that for any return with a high penalty potential being filed near the deadline, it would be prudent to go ahead and file an extension just for "precautionary" reasons. I'd include in that group any high-income return (regardless of refund or balance due status) and any return actually showing a balance due.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
          X