blowing off steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blowing off steam

Came home this afternoon to a couple of messages on my machine. One from a new client who has called me probably 10 times since husband dropped off papers.

First call - sorry to bother you on Sunday but I had some tree work done and new wood floors put in house and a new water system. Will any of that help with my taxes? Call me.

Just 5 minutes ago she calls again. I wasn't near my phone so didn't answer. Message says just checking to see if you are home yet. Call me.

This is SUNDAY........give me a break!!! You can leave a message on Sunday but I will probably call you back on Monday. Don't keep calling to SEE IF I AM HOME YET!.

Sorry I worked till 3:30 this morning on my personal return because my husband keeps threatening to go to Liberty Tax Service. I told him to go, but I didn't have my business stuff done yet. If he says boo to me tonight, I will probably take an axe to him.

If people would stop calling me I could actually work and get something done. I haven't even talked to my 90 year old mother since Friday. Hope she is okay. Better do that. But I don't have time.

Linda, EA

Linda EA

I hear you. My hours are Monday - Saturday, 8AM to 8PM. If clients can't squeeze in their phone calls sometime in those 72 hours, then they can just go to.....

...voicemail.

Comment

In a small town, people look up my phone number in the telephone directory. There are two sections, white pages for people, white pages for businesses. Guess where they look?

The white pages for people and they call my home.

When both white pages were combined, my business name is listed first, such as Joe's Tax Place. My name is listed second Joe Blow.

Guess which number they called? The second listing with my name.

Saturday mornings, Sunday's, late nights.

I used to have one bookkeeping client that always seemed to need my assistance on a major project about April 1st each year and would always call me at home on Saturday night or Sunday night after I got home from doing last minute returns.

He eventually got fired.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
        Came home this afternoon to a couple of messages on my machine. One from a new client who has called me probably 10 times since husband dropped off papers.

First call - sorry to bother you on Sunday but I had some tree work done and new wood floors put in house and a new water system. Will any of that help with my taxes? Call me.

Just 5 minutes ago she calls again. I wasn't near my phone so didn't answer. Message says just checking to see if you are home yet. Call me.

This is SUNDAY........give me a break!!! You can leave a message on Sunday but I will probably call you back on Monday. Don't keep calling to SEE IF I AM HOME YET!.

Sorry I worked till 3:30 this morning on my personal return because my husband keeps threatening to go to Liberty Tax Service. I told him to go, but I didn't have my business stuff done yet. If he says boo to me tonight, I will probably take an axe to him.

If people would stop calling me I could actually work and get something done. I haven't even talked to my 90 year old mother since Friday. Hope she is okay. Better do that. But I don't have time.

Linda, EA

Linda EA
        WOW, Linda I felt your hot steam all the way into my office here. Same problem on my end about Sundays and my husband wants the taxes NOW. And I haven't talked to my mother in a month; when I called her she said WHO are you? Boy people are something around tax time; even your family.
        SueBaby

Comment

Thanks for letting me vent.

I also started sneezing Friday afternoon and yesterday and today my head feels like it will explode. I think it is allergies....pollen count is 10 here. Oak trees are gone but something out there is driving me crazy.

So that didn't help my mood.

He came home today and I was sleeping and he let me sleep and cooked supper for me. He might be allowed to live now.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post

Linda, EA

Linda EA
            Go see your Mother! Which is most important. Over the years I've learned to prioritize -taxes will wait but sometimes life doesn't which is most valuable to you?

I am amazingly low stresses considering the time of year -which is new to me. I think I've finally learned not to let people get to me, and for some reason the phone is not nearly as bad as it has been in the past.

I too don't answer the phone on Sunday but I might have for that client and actually said "its Sunday" .

Comment

I can just hear client saying "but HRB and i imagine Liberty or jackson hewitt are all open on sunday!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X