Our Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Fees

I finally came up with a good answer to those who call and ask me to quote a fee to
    them for preparing their SIMPLE tax returns:
    I plan to say: "I specialize in COMPLICATED tax returns therefore my fees start at
    $100 and go UP!"

comlicated returns

Sounds like a bargain. I have a dozen K-1s, a working interest in a few gas wells, a home-based business, a farm and do a little day-trading. So that $100 sounds OK.

Comment

I said $100 AND UP! This should weed out the shoppers who usually do not come back
      next year anyway. It also reduces or eliminates the EIC clients.

Comment

EITC clarification

Originally posted by dyne View Post
        I said $100 AND UP! This should weed out the shoppers who usually do not come back
        next year anyway. It also reduces or eliminates the EIC clients.
        The gooberment normally pays the EITC filer's fees.

Those filers generally have no idea of what the fees are in the first place, so long as they can walk out the door with a B-I-G check, or even better cash! in hand......

Hence the lifeblood of many storefront operations.......

FE

Comment

$500

This time of year, I say I specialize in more complex returns that start at $500 and go up from there!
          Last edited by Lion; 04-11-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Perhaps LION is right. Maybe I should say to shoppers:" I specialize in complicated tax
            returns and my fees start at $500 and go UP!" That would eliminate that caller. I do not
            want them anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X