To be an EA or not to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davc View Post
    True. The cons mostly aim for political office or a law degree.
    Politics for sure!

Comment

There is a strong possibility that after becoming an EA and telling your client base about your new credentials, you might actually get more referrals from them and your client base will grow.
      I don't raise my prices every year but every 2 or 3 years I raise them a little. Next year everyone will get an increase except for the new people this year. They usually start out at a little higher rate anyway.

I think I have really noticed this year in particular the new clients that have come to me have been really pleased that I would take time to answer their questions and talk to them. If I didn't know for sure, I just pulled out my tax bible "The Tax Book" and looked for an answer for them.

You might find the same thing will happen for you.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
        2. You have to find an excuse other than ineligibility if you don't want to defend at audit a return you did not prepare...
        If I didn't prepare the return, and I don't want to take on the audit engagement, I would simply say I don't want to defend a return I did not prepare.

Not sure why that would be any kind of negative.

Comment

Different strokes

Bees has said previously that he does not defend at audit returns he did not prepare. I am just the reverse. If I could I would do nothing but audits and would not be in the least bothered by the fact that I had not written the returns. To my mind the more audits I handle the more steadily I can work throughout the year and the less pressured I am to do every single return I can do during tax season. On the other hand, I am not involved in running TMI and if I were I might choose to do as little of my tax business outside of "the season" as possible.

Comment

Working...
          X