Distressed Tax Preparer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
    I must be living on a different planet. Why is it always the client's fault if we are not truthful or feel bad after some experiences with clients?

In case one, isn't it up to me, you to either be truthful and say something like: my mind is full of all the tax returns I still need to do and I cannot listen to your medical story....and whatever (or I only will listen to your medical story if you listen to mine), or tell a lie and say: I need to run to the bathroom or whatever the most convenient lie is? After the lie, again, it's the client's fault that we have to lie, isn't it?

How about a little compassion instead of just playing the role of an accountant/tax preparer?

As I said, I must be living on a different planet that I don't complain about my clients but always try to listen with an open heart, and, at the same time, try to be honest and don't pretend to be listing when I couldn't care less.

I'll offer an alternative viewpoint. Especially during tax season, I'm a feeling person, but not a particularly caring person. When it comes to their colonoscopy, basketball brackets, or their shiny new boat, I couldn't care less. Occasionally I feel bad about not caring, but I honestly don't care.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

On the Clock

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
      say: I need to run to the bathroom
      I think Rita's client may have beat you to the bathroom....

I have one comment to these long-winded stories. "Excuse me, sir, you do know that I bill by the hour."

Comment

Thank you, guys, for sharing your struggles. Here I thought I get all beaten up, but then again I know that most of you are caring and compassionate. I think the pure fact to be and stay on this board indicates your choice of caring.

I guess I need nothing else then Rita, just venting in the hopes it makes me feel better.

Comment

Working...
        X