Distressed Phone Call ----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distressed Phone Call ----

Recieved a phone call last night about 9 my time from a client that I filed there tax return in the middle of Feb. and she recieved about half of the amount of her refund. I inquired about her new husband does he owe back taxes or child support of course he says no Dear. After contacting IRS this morning someone owed back taxes.

Now I wonder how people would lie to their spouse and think that they would get away with it.

Would anyone charge for the phone call I made or just do it as a favor to their client? I do not to under value myself and my time but also I do not want people to take advantge of me and my time.

Taxman36

No, I would not charge for the phone call but I would not have made this phone call either. I go to the IRS website and check out the refund status, which takes 2 minutes. Then I inform my client that he or his spouse owes on a debt.

Comment

I wouldn't charge for that type of work either - unless I don't want the client to come back next year.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Hahaha

Agreed!

I have one who I told to call IRS after I looked on "Where's My Refund.". IRS gave her another # to call to inquire about what the debt was. She called me a few days later to see if I would call for her. Seems she was on hold a long time and thought I had more time to waste.

She won't be back.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I would not have even taken the call at 9pm. Although I do work late hours I stop taking calls after 7:30pm. I would not charge her but I would also tell her not to call at that time again or let the answering machine pick it up.

Comment

Working...
          X