Wonderul Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderul Forum

I just want to tell everyone that this Message Board is terrific! Here I have been wasting my time trying to get help/answers/opinions on the AIPB forum. It's seems if I ever have a question, there's no one there who can answer it!

Now I know where to go and sure wish I would have been here at the beginning of the season!

Thanks!
    RJ

Same goes for "Live Community" on ProSeries/Intuit

I have no trouble getting replies but 1 out of every 10 is serious and the rest of the replies are clowns thinking they are at the "improv".

Comment

Welcome

Wisconsin Rae - feel at home here with tax professionals who take time to share & care, mope and snipe, laud and cry, and all those other things that human beings do.

We have everything from green beginners to grizzled old pros, as well as many who are quite accomplished in their careers as tax professionals. The board sponsors, who are The Tax Book writers and publishers, do a fairly good job keeping the board clean, on topic, and in good taste. We also have our share of fun.

Collectively, we have a wealth of information here and we share to support each other. And several from the Dairy State, as a good deal of State taxation is discussed here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
        I have no trouble getting replies but 1 out of every 10 is serious and the rest of the replies are clowns thinking they are at the "improv".
        "Bring in the clowns."

Comment

Hey - I resemble that

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          Dusty

(Wondering if I am the 1 or the 9)

Comment

This Forum is great, especially when you work at home. I have no one (that I work with) to bounce ideas off of any more. I could not live without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglee View Post
              This Forum is great, especially when you work at home. I have no one (that I work with) to bounce ideas off of any more. I could not live without it.

Originally posted by Nashville View Post
              Wisconsin Rae - feel at home here with tax professionals who take time to share & care, mope and snipe, laud and cry, and all those other things that human beings do.

We have everything from green beginners to grizzled old pros, as well as many who are quite accomplished in their careers as tax professionals. The board sponsors, who are The Tax Book writers and publishers, do a fairly good job keeping the board clean, on topic, and in good taste. We also have our share of fun.

Collectively, we have a wealth of information here and we share to support each other. And several from the Dairy State, as a good deal of State taxation is discussed here as well.
              Agreed!

Originally posted by jimmcg View Post
              "Bring in the clowns."
              Ditto!

Comment

Yes, Welcome

This IS a great community. Welcome, Rae!

Are you getting busy yet?

Just kidding, but the next time a client says that, I am going to shove a manilla folder someplace. Wait, maybe paper clips. Yeah, I have some jumbos right here...
                If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
                  This IS a great community. Welcome, Rae!

Are you getting busy yet?

Just kidding, but the next time a client says that, I am going to shove a manilla folder someplace. Wait, maybe paper clips. Yeah, I have some jumbos right here...
                  Hahaha.....every time I go to church or to the store or wherever, they always say, "Hey, you must be getting busy, huh?" Hate that....

Comment

Yes I love this board! All of the responses make me feel much better about the decisions that I make and save me from preparing taxes in my sleep--not fun! I have no one to bounce ideas off at work either and it is great to have this board with such experience!

Comment

Agree!

This is a bunch of friendly folks!
                      So nice to have someone to bounce a problem off of.
                      Glad you found this board!

Comment

Originally posted by kpangelinan View Post
                        Hahaha.....every time I go to church or to the store or wherever, they always say, "Hey, you must be getting busy, huh?" Hate that....
                        I know what you mean, but........ maybe we should just perpetuate the myth that we work 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Might make people appreciate us more.

Of course we don't, what with wonderful software that makes things SOOOO easy these days, compared with 30 years ago when we hand printed 2 or more tax returns and photo copied sufficient copies for everybody. Sure is nice to leave the office at least by 5 these days. But I won't disabuse clients of the notion that I'm up to my ... uh... waist in tax returns. they might think I'm not too good and have fewer clients.
                        ChEAr$,
                        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Hand printed and photocopied? How about stapling 3 sheets together with carbon paper interleaved between them? I thought I had really made progress when I discovered the carbonless (NCR) sets - the trick was trying to figure out how many sets to pre-order, because they weren't cheap. Seems like in a good tax season I always wound up going back to the carbon paper by the first of April unless the supplier had some extras on hand. I don; thini I had a photocopier until my 4th or 5th tax season - complete with liquid toner bottles that smelled like cleaning fluid.

I was looking at an old tax file a week or so back and I discovered a return I had hand prepared on NCR paper. The stuff does last.
                          Last edited by JohnH; 03-30-2011, 07:04 PM.
                          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Me too!

This board has really eased the stress of the season for me. Thank you all.

Comment

Welcome Rae. I am sure you will find this board as helpful as I have. I too am one of those who works alone in my office in my home. So I really appreciate and love this board.

They have NEVER made me feel like I asked a stupid question. (and I know I have). I give answers when I can and try to help out too.

I have learned a lot just from reading the questions and the responses. There is a world of wisdom here and it is given so generously. There are a few things that have helped me survive starting on my own 10 years ago. Finding this board was one of those wonderful things that has helped me tremendously.

We have lots of fun too. You will love reading RitaB's posts. She keeps me in stitches.

ChEAr$......what do you mean "leaving the office at 5"? Who does that??????

Well, when the office is in your home, you are always there. With a trip to the dentist 3 days in a row, I am behinder than I was. So back to work for at least a half an hour.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
                              X