New client may be or use to be shareholder in S-Corp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New client may be or use to be shareholder in S-Corp

New Client left me with what looks to be only part of his 2009 tax return. He has a Schedule E (form 1040 only pg 2) with entries in pg 2 part 2 "Income or loss from P'Ship and S-Corp". Table 28 line A has the name of the LLC/S-Corp but no K-1 anywhere. Has a positive amt on lines: 29a, 30, 32 and 41 in part 5. I believe theTP told me his divorce was finalized in 2010 and his spouse recieved his share of the S-Corp in the settlement. Shouldnt TP received a "final" TP?

Also, I assume the share sale needs to be reported, correct and if so, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Best to get all the facts

on what happened exactly.

There is no gain on the transfer of assets between spouses incident to a divorce.

Comment

S -Corp Shareholder

If he was a shareholder for a day during the year - wouldn't he be getting a K-1 for his allocated portion of income/loss?

OP I believe was asking about that rather than gain/loss on disposition of stock.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Op

Means Old Person? Guilty

"Also, I assume the share sale needs to be reported, correct and if so, any help would be appreciated."

Comment

Actually I was asking both

I was puzzled there was no 09 K-1 and yes how to report a gain or loss.

Comment

Working...
          X