Clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clients

You just never know what to expect from a client!

Well I finally got around to doing my bank deposits, so thought I would share this.
    A mail in client that I have had for years, sent me his payment and it included an additional $ 165 with a note, thanking me for the special service that I provided.

Then another mail in client on her check with a note, saying she had put aside a certain amount for the tax preparation which just happened to be $ 5 more than my invoice, with a note saying Thanks for all you do for us - so go enjoy a cup of coffee. This is what I put aside, and this is what I expected to pay.

So warmed my heart today - after all of the "PITA" complainers and losing two "whiners" to Turbo Tax - self prepared.

So some of our clients do appreciate us afterall.

Sandy

Good Point

A client I saw today mentioned that she and her husband plan to stick with me for as long as they live because they like the way I stand behind my work and the personal service of coming to where they live. I really like them too so it was gratifying to know they like me so much.

Comment

Two good client thoughts today

I am carrying a purse today that was given to me by a client, and had toast with apple butter given to me by another client.

Neither client is a preacher. Hahahaha.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

a new client came yesterday afternoon to pick up return. They didn't know anything about electronic filing. Previous preparer didn't do it (at least on their return). So explained benefits of efiling and direct deposit. Happy to do both.

Answered some other questions for them.. Then he said "you are planning to retire in the next few years are you?" I told him that I had no plans for retiring....told him my husband is retiring next month....so I need to keep working. They were happy to hear that and they were very pleased with my personal service.

All I really did was answer the questions they had.........don't other preparers do that?????

Anyway, it felt good too. For every client that gives us a hard time, I think we all have a half a dozen that we love.

Linda, EA

Comment

You only remember the bad situation ones, usually because they are the exceptions. The ones that bring their stuff in, pay and pick it up without any negative comments get forgotten. However, the one "loud mouth smart a**" " leaves a memorable impression. Many of them operate on the principle of the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
            All I really did was answer the questions they had.........don't other preparers do that?????
            Apparently many don't. New clients often tell me that their previous preparer never took the time to explain things or tell them about possible changes for next year. Like a child turning 17 and losing the CTC, or the Making Work Pay credit going away so their refund/balance due will be different even if everything else is the same. Taking the time to talk with them really helps cement the relationship for the long term.

" Then he said "you aren't planning to retire in the next few years are you?"

Had a new client Wednesday ask the same thing. She retired and moved here from the land down south (Californica) and emphatically told me she expects this to be a long term relationship for her tax work. I told her that was OK with me. It's great when people know the value of good professional services to make their lives easier.
            "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

That one client question keeps occuring: "You're not going to retire any time soon, are you?"

It is the ultimate compliment of course. Maybe the day will come when we may assume if the client does not ask it, he is displeased with us.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I had a client tell me that I can't retire until he's dead.
                You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

The "Don't retire" comments are very nice!

Client has small beauty shop out of her home, and her husband told me yesterday, "She can't retire because she feels it's her job to be able to cut all the old ladies' hair in the neighborhood, just like you can't retire because you have to do all our taxes." So cute!

Comment

clients

I prepare active military at no charge. One of them emailed me from Afganistan to thank me once again for all the help and for caring. He went on to say that he will be a client for ever and will tell anyone who listens to come to my firm.
                    Another military wife came by the other day with homemade cookies and a beautiful thank you card saying that we have restored her faith in the business community.
                    These notes keep me going......
                    Noel
                    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                    X