2011 Tax Season Trend Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Tax Season Trend Discussions

I would like to start a discussion thread to share other tax practitioners’ experiences and unique areas in 2011 tax season.

Compared to 2010 tax season or 2010 year vs. 2009, what are the approximate percentage of changes in income, changes in client’s tendency, focusing area, and unique points to note? It would be better to point out those changes and points by occupation/business types. I think more participation will benefit all of our tax practitioners.

Can we do this after 4/18/11?

Comment

Nore sure of the benefits

What would be the benefits? You are asking me to go through over 500 returns and try and figure out trends? What would be the benefit to me or to you? If I don't live anywhere near you why would this help you or why would your information help me?

Thanks,

Dusty

Comment

Please, dont make me relive the last 2 - 3 months..

I also suggest waiting till after May 1st, got extensions.

Comment

I agree

Please wait till after tax season ends for this kind of discussion. I know it would probably be interesting, but I really don't have time to do this now or even read all the discussion.

Thanks for understanding.

Linda, EA

Comment

One thing that concerns me greatly is the tremendous decrease in the energy tax
            credit for 2011 and probably for future years.

Comment

Working...
            X