PA Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA Help Needed

Yeah, it's me again doing the free returns for my kids and finding something new (for me) each year. CT is so simple compared to PA. Anyway, two of their four W-2s have Box 14 SUI about $19. Is that deductible as an itemized deduction for taxes paid? Thanx.

Originally posted by Lion View Post
    Yeah, it's me again doing the free returns for my kids and finding something new (for me) each year. CT is so simple compared to PA. Anyway, two of their four W-2s have Box 14 SUI about $19. Is that deductible as an itemized deduction for taxes paid? Thanx.
    Hi Rita. I list the PA SUI (unemployment fund contributions) as an itemized deduction on line 8 of the Sch A. Barb

Comment

Yes, but I use line 14 on the w2, the program I use actually has a drop down list on the W2 screen. It all carries to line 5 on the Schedule A.

I used to put it on line 8 of the A, like BP, but since the program has this quick feature I utilize it. Eventhough the SUI doesnt individually appear on the A (it is lumped in with taxes paid on line 5), not one of my clients have questioned if I deducted their Pa Unemployment Tax yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert73 View Post
        not one of my clients have questioned if I deducted their Pa Unemployment Tax yet.
        Funny "inside baseball" joke!

Comment

Working...
        X