Balance Sheet & P&L question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance Sheet & P&L question

Finish S-Corp except for Sch L balance sheet (BS). Bookkeeper (BK) has incorrect gain on vehicle that was sold so I emailed BK depr report & worksheet on the gain etc. BK reworked both P&L plus BS and emailed to me. In my tax software depr report, prior depr is $67924 and current depr is $10542 so shouldnt the accum depr on BS be $78466? The reworked BS has $67889 acummulated depr

BK also reworked P&L by reducing the gain from the vehicle sale from $4600 to $33 (yes the gain is correct, went over that several times even ran it past some other tax pros) and
    added "depr exp" of $10542. I beleive I understand this one for the P&L only has to do with the tax year, correct?

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Balance Sheet and P & L

AZ - As I've said previously - I strongly suggest you learn bookkeeping and accounting before you prepare tax returns.

I wouldn't have let the BK make the adjustment. I would have given the BK the journal entries to post into the system BEFORE doing the tax return.

Could it be the depreciation was wrong due to the asset being sold during the year which would have an effect on the accumulated depreciation in the account?

Simply relying on a BK to do an accountant's job doesn't make you a good tax preparer.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
    X